Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the tailgate locking and unlocking on my 2019 Titan without the key fob? I miss being able to open the tailgate without having my keys in my pocket, especially when I am on the job site.

·
165 Posts

·
2018 Titan XD Diesel
23 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the tailgate locking and unlocking on my 2019 Titan without the key fob? I miss being able to open the tailgate without having my keys in my pocket, especially when I am on the job site.
Are you looking to disable the electric lock completely? If so, there's two places you can disconnect the wire. One is under the back of the truck directly behind where the little fitting is that routes the wire from the tailgate to the truck. The other is if you remove the plastic panel from the tailgate (6 or 8 phillips screws). Then there's a metal panel that's not fastened. Remove that and you'll see the wire that connects to the tailgate lock mechanism and you could unplug there. You'll have to use the valet key after that to lock the tailgate though.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you looking to disable the electric lock completely? If so, there's two places you can disconnect the wire. One is under the back of the truck directly behind where the little fitting is that routes the wire from the tailgate to the truck. The other is if you remove the plastic panel from the tailgate (6 or 8 phillips screws). Then there's a metal panel that's not fastened. Remove that and you'll see the wire that connects to the tailgate lock mechanism and you could unplug there. You'll have to use the valet key after that to lock the tailgate though.
Yeah I am looking at disabling it completely. I was hoping for a more elegant solution than having to unplug things but that will work too. Thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it!

·
165 Posts
Reactions: QuikCoastie17

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
237 Posts
Yeah it’s cool until you get to the tailgate with hands full and have to get into your pocket to unlock it. Now it’s more of a minor annoyance.

·
669 Posts
Yeah it’s cool until you get to the tailgate with hands full and have to get into your pocket to unlock it. Now it’s more of a minor annoyance.
Just walk to your door first and tap the button on the handle twice. Keys can stay in your pocket. Seems like a non-issue to me.

Unless you have a low trim level, then sucks for you I suppose.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
237 Posts
Just walk to your door first and tap the button on the handle twice. Keys can stay in your pocket. Seems like a non-issue to me.
Yeah I’ve gotten better about using my elbow to push the little button.

·
20 Posts
@Jayce. Dealer won't install it, or sell you the OEM part, unless your truck already came with it and you claim its broken. I watched this youtube video link and one comment suggests that the Pop & Lock aftermarket option might work, but I haven't installed it yet, so I'll see if it works.

If it doesn't work, another option may be to ask someone on TitanXD Forum to order the part for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts