Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is everyone here so cavalier promoting illegal activity?

I mean I hate this trash as much as anyone (my dads 5.9 cummins gets 24mpg on the highway and rock solid with @ 200k).

Def is a complete disaster from an environmental stand point. Creates tons of plastic, destroys efficiency and gas mileage.

(part of me truly believes it could possibly be at the behest of oil companies and auto manufacturers to purposely increase fuel consumption and destroy the longevity and reliability of the hd trucks)

I get it, I hate it too, hate my titan cummins because of it.

BUT...IT IS ENTIRELY ILLEGAL TO DELETE!

why does everyone think it is their right and totally ok to delete then fraudently make warranty claims?

So many lies and misinformation about the process. Maybe a lawyers opinion would help to put a few things in perspective.

I honestly think it is important people know what they are doing/getting themselves into before they willy nilly comit a federal crime.

Cold hard truth of emission deletes and tunes

The corrupt dealers lying to nissan in order to cover warranty work is not going to last long either, now that nissan is catching on and dealers are being identified.

This whole damn thing is stupid stupid stupid.

·
197 Posts
Wow. I don't know how you can sleep at night worrying about what other people are doing with their trucks. I agree with you 1%. I mean we all know that the government is all knowing and they never make up regulations that would infringe on our rights. If the government says it, so be it. We don't have a clue on how to run our lives. That's why we need politicians to tell us what to do. (insert puking Emoji here)

·
130 Posts
To the original poster. Have you ever gone over the speed limit? Failed to signal a turn? Ripped those little tags off a pillow? We are (were) a nation of laws yes. And laws should be followed otherwise there is chaos. However when a government that was supposed to serve the people now primarily serves itself all bets are off. They’ve turned law abiding citizens into criminals because they’ve decided they are in charge and you’re not. Americans have been damn good at sniffing out BS and rebelling since the late 1700s it’s what we do. End of rant. Have a nice day

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, no wonder the world is in such a state!

Great people you are, the lot of you.

btw, if you read the link. It has nothing to do with being in Cali, you can be pulled over and ticketed in ANY state. All police officers have the authority to uphold federal emissions laws.

good luck!

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already said I dont agree with it.

Your argument is, heck if I don't like a law, I don't have to follow it.... seriously?

umm what planet do you guys think you are living on? you own?

laws and rules dont apply to you? awesome!

must be nice to be so confident that you live outside the rules of a decent, law abiding society.

tampering with emissions equipment is in now way similar to light speeding or ripping the tag off a mattress. At least not from a legal standpoint.

·
271 Posts
I have my truck stock, contemplating about deleting but likely not cause I travel across the country a lot, I don't want the hassle getting pulled over etc, but you sir are the type of person that would call the cops on a kid selling lemonade cause it's illegal, calling on neighbors having party cause they make too much noise. By the way, I don't encourage deleting either, these are grown men that can decide what to do with their toys. Some things you just need to let go bro, to each his own.

·
130 Posts
tampering with emissions equipment is in now way similar to light speeding or ripping the tag off a mattress. At least not from a legal standpoint.
[/QUOTE]

So who’s picking laws they follow and laws they don’t there Speedy? A law is a law right? Thus ends the lesson.

·
Banned
356 Posts
But but but...ITS ILLEGAL guys! How do we sleep at night! Glad you pointed it out, we didn't know. Now I'm gonna introduce you to something called an internet forum. I don't care for people ripping into someone for sharing an idea or saying something about a subject they may not be fully informed on, it's our job to help each other. But you come into a forum like this and say some dumb shit like that, don't cry when people say hurtful things to you. Next you'll be going on a Harley Davidson forum and tell them removing their catalytic converters and putting straight pipes on is illegal. It is, but much like in here it's not smart to say and people don't really give a shit about your opinion.

BTW, I'm no lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday inn Express last night...

·
412 Posts
I'm actually enjoying reading all this shit! Still impressed by the busted ass article he is pushing that has zero idea how a Fed agency works and the rest of the dribble written in it. If only people would take the time to educate themselves.

·
232 Posts
Until my trucks, cars, motorcycles and insurance are free I will do what I want to them. I worked to pay for all of them and I paid taxes on them as well. O and I speed all the time and never wear a seat belt)
I drive pretty spiritedly, too and most of it is technically illegal, but I HAVE to wear my seat belt to keep my butt planted in the seat!

·
531 Posts
You guys are being rather harsh for no reason. Making an equivalency to mattress tag ripping and lemonade stands is rather silly as well.

The point is that the deletes seem to be encouraged in a way on these diesel forums. They are keeping the air cleaner and the law is not just there to for the politicians. Air quality is MUCH better than it was in the 70s and these laws helped get us there. Diesel air particulates do have an effect on health and that is not just pseudoscience.

Even ignoring the federal laws and potential health hazards, just glancing through the defects forums, it looks like the dealers pushed the cost of repairs to Nissan instead of the customer who was often at fault for the destroyed engine as they broke a contract for the warranty by doing this crap in the first place. It would be akin to expecting Barret to replace a destroyed M4 after a full auto trigger assembly mod.

The People of the forums are celebrating Nissan and the dealers for doing this, but to no ones surprise, the diesel is no more.

·
Banned
356 Posts
You guys are being rather harsh for no reason. Making an equivalency to mattress tag ripping and lemonade stands is rather silly as well.

The point is that the deletes seem to be encouraged in a way on these diesel forums. They are keeping the air cleaner and the law is not just there to for the politicians. Air quality is MUCH better than it was in the 70s and these laws helped get us there. Diesel air particulates do have an effect on health and that is not just pseudoscience.

Even ignoring the federal laws and potential health hazards, just glancing through the defects forums, it looks like the dealers pushed the cost of repairs to Nissan instead of the customer who was often at fault for the destroyed engine as they broke a contract for the warranty by doing this crap in the first place. It would be akin to expecting Barret to replace a destroyed M4 after a full auto trigger assembly mod.

The People of the forums are celebrating Nissan and the dealers for doing this, but to no ones surprise, the diesel is no more.
If your suggesting Nissan got rid of the diesel because people were deleting them and destroying the motors, you're out of your mind. Nissan discontinued it because of poor sales (caused by poor marketing in my opinion, but that's another story). As for clean air and EPA....here's the issue. Like anything the government puts it's hands on, the EPA stifles innovation rather than encourages it. I personally would love to see a study on emissions over a period of time (say 25000 miles) on a WELL TUNED and deleted truck vs a stocker. That includes fuel usage and a carbon footprint score related to that usage. I don't like the idiots that like to.go and "roll coal", which contributed to this while mess in the first place, but I also don't like being mandated to do something by the government.because of a problem we are not contributing to! Yes, you read that right, deleted diesels do not contribute significantly to air pollution in the US. I don't have the time or energy to list or explain what does contribute the most, but I'm tired and have a shit ton of work to do today and I'm pretty sure.no one would read it all. If you want an example though, look at the plastic straw ban in California and a few other place. Then go look at how much plastic straws, particularly.from the US, actually contribute to plastic waste in the ocean. It's the same thing with deleted diesels. They are missing the forest for the trees when it comes to tackling real pollution issues.

The above is.my opinion and is the last time I will post in this particular thread as it's a dumb talking point in this forum. As always, it's your truck and your money. Do what you want to it, but I'll do what I want to mine.

·
46 Posts
Until my trucks, cars, motorcycles and insurance are free I will do what I want to them. I worked to pay for all of them and I paid taxes on them as well. O and I speed all the time and never wear a seat belt)
Lol, one of my MOST favorite features of my Titan....It doesnt yell at me when I dont wear my seatbelt! For that reason alone, I will never sell this truck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts