Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
66 Posts
I am a Marine of the last 9 years, with that being said I love and respect our law enforcement officers. However, 99% of people have no clue what a Titan XD is. They also have no clue that there is a Cummins in it. I get a lot of comments at the pump asking if my badge on the fender is a joke. I run a non emissions set up and my tunes are beautiful. I don’t black smoke and the 4” pipe only gets crazy loud when I floor it. It’s a stealth delete IMO. The odds of a police officer intelligently knowing what to look for on a deleted truck besides black smoke and significant noise is close to none. If you run your truck this way and turn off your engine if you happen to get pulled over, I think you’ll be alright 😉

·
487 Posts
Well tuned vehicles are not just about giddyup and go Mr. EPA; they are about efficiency. Hot rodders do not want to waste fuel or cause unnecessary harm.

Now please go get a life and leave us to play with our toys.

·
371 Posts
As a chemical engineer, I help industrial manufacturers reduce NOx and SO2 emissions for a living. I figure I've done far more of my fair share of "helping the environment". Not all that much different than the limousine liberal elites that buy carbon credit offsets then fly around in private jet planes or yachts to climate change symposiums lecturing the common folk on how to not pollute the environment. Ya, I'm not losing sleep over deleting a diesel truck and running a super clean tun set at 30 Hp. I despise the "roll coal" crowd. But running a clean tune while deleted is hardly any different than running all the EPA crap.

·
10 Posts
Cigarettes cause cancer. They tell you so right on the box. But, still legal to sell and smoke. Cigs should be way more illegal than breaking epa laws. Problem is with cigs money comes in. Same with epa. It's called government corruption. Will be that way long after any of us see any changes.
Be glad we're all not forced to buy/drive electric shit yet. Even though mining lithium is a whole lot worse than burning fuels...

·
1,552 Posts
If your suggesting Nissan got rid of the diesel because people were deleting them and destroying the motors, you're out of your mind. Nissan discontinued it because of poor sales (caused by poor marketing in my opinion, but that's another story). As for clean air and EPA....here's the issue. Like anything the government puts it's hands on, the EPA stifles innovation rather than encourages it. I personally would love to see a study on emissions over a period of time (say 25000 miles) on a WELL TUNED and deleted truck vs a stocker. That includes fuel usage and a carbon footprint score related to that usage. I don't like the idiots that like to.go and "roll coal", which contributed to this while mess in the first place, but I also don't like being mandated to do something by the government.because of a problem we are not contributing to! Yes, you read that right, deleted diesels do not contribute significantly to air pollution in the US. I don't have the time or energy to list or explain what does contribute the most, but I'm tired and have a shit ton of work to do today and I'm pretty sure.no one would read it all. If you want an example though, look at the plastic straw ban in California and a few other place. Then go look at how much plastic straws, particularly.from the US, actually contribute to plastic waste in the ocean. It's the same thing with deleted diesels. They are missing the forest for the trees when it comes to tackling real pollution issues.

The above is.my opinion and is the last time I will post in this particular thread as it's a dumb talking point in this forum. As always, it's your truck and your money. Do what you want to it, but I'll do what I want to mine.
From what I have read Cummins is dropping the 5.0 which left Nissan with no diesel option for now. Time will tell if it's true tho

·
11 Posts
Well guess what, most diesels dudes aren't gonna throw 3 grand at a piece of unreliable metal crap that's gonna break again that's not keeping the wheels turning. It's significantly cheaper to delete than it is to buy another DPF, about 1/5th the price. Nobody is hurt by some guy doing a DPF Delete. The only way you're hurt is if you breath in the soot, which I'd hope someone would be smart enough to simply let the cloud pass by instead of inhaling it. (Sadly, common sense is not common now adays).
Anyways, DPF laws are really enforced on commerical carriers and companies in general, I've yet to hear a report of an individual being fined for not having a DPF. This leads me to my next idea, that your not breaking any law by doing a DPF Delete. In the United States, you remain innocent until proven guilty, right? So if you're never proven guilty, you're not breaking the law. If it's not enforced, don't consider it a law.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts