Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm coming from an STI and overall I enjoyed the truck. Missing a lot of the nimbless and pickup the STI offers but I can eventually deal with it. Anyways did you guys notice any squishyness in the brakes? I don't have stainless lines in my car to make the braking more responsive but I was able to push the brake pedal to the floor. Is this a truck thing or pro4x? I felt a little resistance but nothing to what I was expecting.

·
903 Posts
Shouldn't have had any squishiness. I have an xd pro4x and those brakes are WAY OVERBUILT to stop that truck quickly. Definitely a different animal than an STI but in my mind it has great brakes for a truck

·
904 Posts
As Sellitwv said, they shouldn't feel squishy. The first time I drove one I wasn't ready for how responsive they were especially at slow speed.

·
4 Posts
I just test drove a Pro4x and loved the brakes. Very responsive and they started grabbing right at the top of the pedal. I would drive another one so you can compare the two.

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was able to push the brake pedal all the way to the floor. Similar to how far the pedal travels when you bleed the brakes with a buddy but took a little more effort.

·
903 Posts
Yeah that is definitely not the norm. Maybe there was an error at the factory and there was air in the lines? Not sure though?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts