Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I took a pro-4x for a test drive today, and while stopped at a light, a strong diesel exhaust smell was sucked into the cab (had the heat on and pulling from outside). The salesman switched it to recirculation mode and it went away. I was wondering if it was going through a regen or if that's just normal to expect for daily driving? I thought regens only happen at speed, but I'm new to diesels. When we got back to the lot, I got out and smelled around near the tail pipe and smelled nothing. Is this just a normal aspect of driving a diesel? My wife def won't go for diesel aroma in the cab..

I absolutely loved the truck. So comforable, and we mostly took it on pot-hole filled back roads and it was a comfy ride. That truck just oozes quality in every aspect. Heated seats and steering wheel were nice and it came up to temp quickly. Hearing the turbos even on windy back roads was cool. I love the sound of the engine - there's just enough growl to let you know you've got a beast under the hood, but it's soft enough that you could easily overlook it. The seats were very comfortable.

I'm wondering if anyone's going to make a bigger aftermarket fuel tank. 26 gallons seems small for longer back-country trips.

I asked about the gasser and was told that they'll be making the rounds like the Cummins did with one per dealer. My dealer gets his on April 18, so I'll be there to test drive it. But they'll only be available for sale in July-ish timeframe. I figured I've waited this long, might as well wait another month to compare the two.

They were willing to take $6K off the MSRP of a loaded Pro-4X, though they low-balled my trade-in value a bit. They said they could trade with other dealerships if another had what I wanted. Overall, a good low-pressure experience so far and I'm looking forward to working with them. Looks like if you want a discount, go to a high volume dealer.

·
22 Posts
Thanks for posting a number. Only number I've seen is 2k above invoice.... Which according to kbb is pretty much msrp. I should have talked numbers when visiting my local Nissan but was turned off by the brake too much to get that far.

·
169 Posts
You should darn near be able to go stick your nose to the pipe and not smell diesel.....

·
38 Posts
Hey folks,

I took a pro-4x for a test drive today, and while stopped at a light, a strong diesel exhaust smell was sucked into the cab (had the heat on and pulling from outside). The salesman switched it to recirculation mode and it went away. I was wondering if it was going through a regen or if that's just normal to expect for daily driving? I thought regens only happen at speed, but I'm new to diesels. When we got back to the lot, I got out and smelled around near the tail pipe and smelled nothing. Is this just a normal aspect of driving a diesel? My wife def won't go for diesel aroma in the cab..

I absolutely loved the truck. So comforable, and we mostly took it on pot-hole filled back roads and it was a comfy ride. That truck just oozes quality in every aspect. Heated seats and steering wheel were nice and it came up to temp quickly. Hearing the turbos even on windy back roads was cool. I love the sound of the engine - there's just enough growl to let you know you've got a beast under the hood, but it's soft enough that you could easily overlook it. The seats were very comfortable.

I'm wondering if anyone's going to make a bigger aftermarket fuel tank. 26 gallons seems small for longer back-country trips.

I asked about the gasser and was told that they'll be making the rounds like the Cummins did with one per dealer. My dealer gets his on April 18, so I'll be there to test drive it. But they'll only be available for sale in July-ish timeframe. I figured I've waited this long, might as well wait another month to compare the two.

They were willing to take $6K off the MSRP of a loaded Pro-4X, though they low-balled my trade-in value a bit. They said they could trade with other dealerships if another had what I wanted. Overall, a good low-pressure experience so far and I'm looking forward to working with them. Looks like if you want a discount, go to a high volume dealer.

I like the look of the Pro 4X, but my Wife says I need the more "old man" looking SL model. I'll likely barely every go offroad, but have you driven an SL model and if so is the
ride comparable to that model?

·
348 Posts
Due to the suspension differences, the SL rides softer than the Pro4X, especially the 2wd. My Pro4 XD rides amazingly, I'm very satisfied with it's performance both on and off road. Biggest down fall is MPG, but I can live with that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts