Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has ANYONE had luck getting the texting feature (reads texts to you, send standard replies) to work with an iPhone? I'm seeing some older posts on other forums (for other Nissans) that maybe this doesn't work with iPhone. It seems hard to imagine that they would have done that...

·
142 Posts
Works for Android at least until bitchen Betty says something. Nav doesn't pause it just talk's over the top.

·
95 Posts
Works for me. Long press the talk button on the steering wheel. That triggers Siri and then you can ask her to "read text messages"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
149 Posts
Has ANYONE had luck getting the texting feature (reads texts to you, send standard replies) to work with an iPhone? I'm seeing some older posts on other forums (for other Nissans) that maybe this doesn't work with iPhone. It seems hard to imagine that they would have done that...

Mine works with Apple. You need to allow notifications under the Bluetooth options for the truck. Go into the Bluetooth menu, select your truck, then allow notifications.

·
29 Posts
Iphone texting

Mine works with Apple. You need to allow notifications under the Bluetooth options for the truck. Go into the Bluetooth menu, select your truck, then allow notifications.

Not clear on how to access Bluetooth options for the truck you mention. Is this on the Titan or the Iphone?

·
29 Posts
iphone and texting

According to Nissan this is how you do it. I will try it out.

After the initial connection of the iPhone®, find your vehicle’s Bluetooth® name (e.g. My Titan) under the Bluetooth® option in the Settings menu on your iPhone. Selecting the (i) icon will display an option for "Show Notifications". Turn this ON. Disconnect and reconnect the iPhone with the vehicle by either turning Bluetooth® off and on again on your phone or turning the power off and on again on your phone. Incoming text messages should now be received by the vehicle.

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much, Rockhound. Sorry for the delayed response...I had the truck out in the Oregon outback for little test in the Steens...

I will try this a bit later today!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts