Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove a SV today. Was not impressed with the shifting of the transmission. Was not smooth at all. Power was great with no hesitation at low RPMs. Price was just below $50K which was disappointing and will not be discounted. Will :crying2:look around before buying.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Well a smooth shift means more slip, so a shift you can feel means less wear on the clutches.

So what you're telling me, is that this was a truck built to work, not be a prissy ecobox with a box.

·
167 Posts
The shifting pattern will be the same regardless of trim model.
All the reviewers online mentioned it shifted smoothly and commended the transmission. so I would not worry about one comment in regards to shifting. only time will tell.

·
17 Posts
Only you can say if the truck is right for you. ****, whenever I drive a rental I feel like its a great car. So I don't think I would worry about the transmission slipping or shifting not was less than perfect. But most of you will agree, the titan is probably one of the best looking truck right now.

·
772 Posts
Zero chance. They don't tune them any different from base to top-tier.

Why would they do that anyway? Doesn't make sense.
yup....BUT nissan doesn't use logic when it comes to full size trucks. Ex 1: transmission is better suited for a car, although if left stock its dependable. Ex2: rear end is a modified dana. lets modify a rear end with known quality control issues, like spider gears not being set correctly from the manufacturer. Ex3: manifold design cracks after 90k miles of use. causing poor performance, and in some cases scarred cylinder walls. Should i keep going? lol lol. silly nissan:grin2::grin2:

i'm currently waiting on my titan to get out of the body shop. :devil::devil:

·
169 Posts
I don't know honda, I don't keep tabs on Titans so unfortunately I find myself ignorant here and unaware of those issues.

The ONLY reason the Titan is even on my radar is because of the Cummins. And it seems to be more of a truck than the last Titan platform was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts