Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Titan Turbo Diesel Prototype was Recently Spied Testing

Spy photographers caught some shots of a 2016 Nissan Titan Prototype testing its turbo diesel engine on public roads. The prototype is in heavy camouflage, so we don't really get too much new information.

The Nissan Titan will run on a new Cummins turbo-diesel engine. It is a 5.0-liter V8 engine that has about 300 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque.

The 2016 Nissan Titan will be available in crew cab, extended cab and regular cab variants. Production should start in September 2015.

Can you glean any new or interesting information from these spy shots?
If you missed the original spy shots that released in October 2014, you can see them HERE

Nissan Titan 5.0L Cummins ISV Diesel Information

If you're not already up to speed on all you need to know about the 5.0L Cummins ISV Diesel Engine, you'll want to go through This Thread which takes you through all the key details you need to know. Included is a brochure which you may save to your devices.

Here you will find a lot of what you need to know about the ISV 5.0L Cummins Engine in the new Nissan Titan, along with it's brochure: Nissan Titan Diesel Cummins ISV5.0 Spec Sheet - Cummins Inc. (click to view or right click & save link as)

What Titan Diesel Pricing Could Be...

While we wait for official 2016 Titan Diesel Pricing to release (and it's getting close :wink2:), make sure to Join The Discussion which many CumminsTitan.org members have left their valuable feedback in!

What can we expect pricing on the 2016 Nissan Titan Diesel to be like?

Currently, this is how the Nissan Titan S, SV & PRO-4X is priced:

Nissan Titan Pricing:

Nissan Titan S: $29,360
Nissan Titan SV: $31,790
Nissan Titan PRO-4X: $37,580

Expected Gas Mileage/MPG

What are you expecting city/highway/combined mileage to be like?

For the RAM 1500 Diesel, I remember reading that it's highway mileage was around 28mpg, not bad for the 30-liter V6 it comes with.

I came across a source that's suggesting the new Titan Diesel should get around 24mpg highway.

Although it would be great to get more mpg's, like the RAM Diesel V6, knowing that we are getting Cummins V8 makes me feel better as Cummins engines are known to be very reliable.

Titan 5.0L ISV Diesel Engine will have a Two-Stage Turbine Unit...

The Two-Stage Turbine Unit is Cummins and Nissans answer to current and growing consumer demands. Read more about Rotary Turbine Control (RTC) unit and Share Your Thoughts Here

The turbo-diesel V8 engine in the next generation Titan will have a new two-stage turbine unit developed jointly by Cummins and Nissan. The new design will help to reduce lag, generate more low end torque, and deliver smoother transitions between low and high rpm.The new turbine unit uses a Holcet turbo with new Rotary Turbine Control (RTC). This shunts the exhaust gases in various modes to optimize emissions or power depending on what you need.

Nissan to unveil Cummins Diesel Titan at Detroit Auto Show

As great as the January 2015 debut sounds, it will be 4 years later than the Titan was originally supposed to be released. More about that HERE

The road to the 2015 Titan debut hasn't been an easy one. In fact, the January 2015 debut will be 4 years later than the Titan was originally supposed to be released.

Nissan was in partnership with Chrysler Group to produce a version of Chrysler's under-development new Ram pickup. That plan went under when Chrysler entered into bankruptcy reorganization in 2009.

Nissan then had to start over again all on its own to develop a fully redesigned full-size truck. They really had to start from scratch too since the last Titan never really sold that well. With rivals just recently releasing updates or redesigns to the market, Nissan has to make sure it gets it right.

·
857 Posts
Seeing it in full at the detroit show is what i can wait for. For now we're just stuck with spy shots that show a really well covered up Titan.

·
608 Posts
Seeing it in full at the detroit show is what i can wait for. For now we're just stuck with spy shots that show a really well covered up Titan.
Do you expect the design to be anything surprising though? They have kept it pretty covered up but at the same time I just can't see what they are really going to do to make it look much different from what I expect.

·
857 Posts
Do you expect the design to be anything surprising though? They have kept it pretty covered up but at the same time I just can't see what they are really going to do to make it look much different from what I expect.
Surprising when compared to the outgoing Titan, yes.

·
81 Posts
A lot. For one it's going to get bigger, maybe big enough to rightfully say it's gone upsegment and that changes things up quite a bit.

·
608 Posts
I think that having a larger grille and front end will do good things for the Titan. It will make it seem more like the F-150 and the Ram 1500. I think that will help consumers to see them in the same light.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
The first thing I noticed was the jutted out parallel line, just below the box rails. Reminded me of a Dodge.

The stance, body shape, and the way the body forms up into the front of the truck reminds me of Ram Trucks.

·
81 Posts
i see what you mean.
this being the first time nissan stepping into this ring, i can see how it might resemble the proportions of a ram but i still think it's uniquely Nissan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts