Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm 65 years old and owned more trucks than I can remember. I have owned more capable trucks than the Titan for thats sure,but only one that made me as happy, that was my first, purchased from the showroom floor in 1976 a decked out raised and customized GMC 4X4. I've owned Ford's, Toyota's, GMCs, Chevy's and Nissan's. This truck has some issues that's for sure but I'm in love with this truck, not to mention it's severely underrated and will handle 99% of our needs. If you truly need a beast for heavy towing, or tow fifth wheels, than get a 1 ton or DRW. This truck easily pulls my dump trailer and my 7800lb TT.
With the above said since the Cummins has been discontinued, I will be a Ford or GMC customer again in three years. As for the Ram, nice truck, but I don't want a Mexico built French Renault.
Any pics of that '76 GMC? My dad had a '84 Blazer that I loved as a kid. I want to find one someday and refurbish it.
Seems a lot of the Titan diesel owners are very happy with their trucks. As for my gas Titan, it just didn't do the job like I thought it would. This Ram, it's towing awesome so far and a super slick transmission. I would love to hear some feed back from someone that has a 2020 gas Titan XD to see how they like the revisions that were made. However, here in Florida I'm not seeing any on the lots yet.

·
407 Posts
They're starting to creep onto the lots. I had my XD back to the dealer today for my first oil change. Due to the 'rona, instead of sitting in the waiting area, I walked the property most of the time I was there while they worked on the truck That had one XD on the lot. It was a 2020, but it was a barebones model with steel wheels, I forget if it was an S or an SV. A few other dealers within an hour or so of me have one or two each.

·
33 Posts
I'm 65 years old and owned more trucks than I can remember. I have owned more capable trucks than the Titan for thats sure,but only one that made me as happy, that was my first, purchased from the showroom floor in 1976 a decked out raised and customized GMC 4X4. I've owned Ford's, Toyota's, GMCs, Chevy's and Nissan's. This truck has some issues that's for sure but I'm in love with this truck, not to mention it's severely underrated and will handle 99% of our needs. If you truly need a beast for heavy towing, or tow fifth wheels, than get a 1 ton or DRW. This truck easily pulls my dump trailer and my 7800lb TT.
With the above said since the Cummins has been discontinued, I will be a Ford or GMC customer again in three years. As for the Ram, nice truck, but I don't want a Mexico built French Renault.
"but I don't want a Mexico built French Renault"
what in the world are you talking about?!
Ram is not related to Nissan Renault Mitsubishi in any way that I know of.

On another note note I am glad you love your Renault Nissan Mitsubishi?

·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
"but I don't want a Mexico built French Renault"
what in the world are you talking about?!
Ram is not related to Nissan Renault Mitsubishi in any way that I know of.

On another note note I am glad you love your Renault Nissan Mitsubishi?
I think maybe he's talking about Ram being related to Fiat? However, I think when Ram split from Dodge, Ram is not related to Fiat. I'm not certain.

·
73 Posts
So is there any relation between Fiat and Ram or just same owners?
With this said is the Titan manufactured in Japan and assembled in US and owned by a French company Renault?
The Titan is designed in California, engineered in Michigan, and assembled in Mississippi. Fun fact it's actually more American made than the big 3.

·
74 Posts
Just as Renault owns Nissan now.
Renault doesn't actually own Nissan in the way Fiat owns the Chrysler brands. Fiat bought 100% of Chrysler stock and merged the companies into one.
Renault and Nissan traded stock with each other to create an alliance, and while Renault has a controlling stake, it doesn't even own a majority of the stock. Nissan owns even less of Renault.
And the "alliance" between them has been on rocky terms for almost 2 years.
Nissan wants a divorce, but can't afford to buy out Renault. So they got creative and had their mutual CEO arrested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
114 Posts
Trans shifted correctly in mine after the update in early 2018. Tows our 8000lb loaded Toy Hauler just fine into the Sierra Nevadas... including 8% grades. It does rev past 4000 rpms when it's asked to work hard. I'm not concerned, It revs less than my 12 Titan P4X with our 7k TH. Stability is better, too.

·
407 Posts
Renault doesn't actually own Nissan in the way Fiat owns the Chrysler brands. Fiat bought 100% of Chrysler stock and merged the companies into one.
Renault and Nissan traded stock with each other to create an alliance, and while Renault has a controlling stake, it doesn't even own a majority of the stock. Nissan owns even less of Renault.
And the "alliance" between them has been on rocky terms for almost 2 years.
Nissan wants a divorce, but can't afford to buy out Renault. So they got creative and had their mutual CEO arrested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Hyundai and Kia have a similar relationship, where each owns part of the other company. They take it a step further by sharing technology and components, however.

·
2017 Nissan Titan XD 4x4 S
3 Posts
New to the forums. I have owned my 2017 Titan XD S model 5.0L Cummins for 3+ yrs now and love its abilities for what I paid for it (32k with 2k miles on it). I have made several improvements (42gl reserve tank in the bed(avg 650-980 miles per fill up towing), air lift air ride suspension for the rear end and the phoenix automotive 13" display, 2 -110v 1k watts outlets front seat and back seat this is over kill I know) I have towed from California to Tennessee 4 times at around 7-10k, with an avg 13-15 mpg at 65mph, California to Florida twice with the same load weight range and an avg 9-13.5mpg at 65 mph I don't know why this was so different from the CA to TN trips. This truck has made me a proud owner. I tow a contractor trailer at about 5k in weight regularly with no problems. I have not experienced any of the issues with the transmission as mentioned in many other posts. I am a Ram/MOPAR guy, but this truck is a great truck. Hope this helps anyone trying to determine whether or not to buy one. This is also on 33" Cooper AT tires with 17" -40 offset 6 lugs rims.

·
2 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Titan XD gas. I just did the math on my second fill up and I am getting 7mpg. I love the truck but 7mpg without towing isn't going to cut it. can you think of anything I can do?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
449 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Titan XD gas. I just did the math on my second fill up and I am getting 7mpg. I love the truck but 7mpg without towing isn't going to cut it. can you think of anything I can do?
Thanks!
That is terrible.
Stock tires/no mods? How many miles?

The worst mileage I've gotten in 70k miles is maybe 13.5...

·
2 Posts
Just bought it with 120k miles. the dealership put big mudders on it and threw in ballast bags to balance them. I am going to get it aligned at les schwabs and hopefully that will help. it is also higher in the front than in the back and I am thinking that cant be good for aerodynamics. I am hoping that there is just an extra spacer in there and I can just take it out and get it level. there gotta be something else going on tho. I am not going to make up 8mpg with alignment

41 - 60 of 61 Posts