Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 XD with 73k miles. I am thinking of trading it in for a 2020 Silverado 2500HD. I am tired of having to go to Nissan for parts or ordering them online. Looking for someone to give me reasons why it’s a bad idea. The dealer is offering a really good trade in price and a good purchase price on the Silverado.

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
389 Posts
First post...welcome and goodbye. 👋

Reactions: wakinvol

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not necessarily going to go through with it. Trying to find someone to talk me out of it.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luckily Chevy parts are easier to get, because you will need them
Trust me I need them for this truck too. They just cost 10x as much. This truck has all the common Titan problems listed throughout the posts, driver side ac/heater control doesn’t work right, the parking sensor issues, just replaced the DEF pump and replaced the turbo modulator valve. That was just within the last year. I wish I would have posted more stuff over the last 4 years. This site is my go to for diagnosis.

·
336 Posts
Are you thinking about going gas, or sticking with the diesel? I think the XD compares really favorably to the smaller-displacement 2500 gassers like the 6.0.

·
60 Posts
yep, you are right. I'm thinking trade my in too. To much headache been back to dealer since the first month. I thinking I got back to dealer about 30 times since I got the truck already. Now 81k miles and they want another 8000 more for the new turbo if the actuator cannot fix the problem.

·
54 Posts
glad I got a fairly base model SV, GAS. I've not had any problems in 65k miles other than an alignment right in the beginning. I'm not planning on trading mine.

·
725 Posts
Trade in will be very low. If really set on getting rid of it. Try selling first. Getting a Carvana quote will give you a good idea of what to expect. Trading one modern diesel for another may leave you disappointed. Look at a Ford or GM with a big gas motor unless you tow a lot. Just a suggestion.

·
31 Posts
I traded mine a few months ago. Loved the XD Diesel, but did not like the issues that I had , and from the a lot of post I read, what I could be down the road. I traded my 2017’ XD for a 2019 Dodge Ram 2500. Night and day difference.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I traded mine a few months ago. Loved the XD Diesel, but did not like the issues that I had , and from the a lot of post I read, what I could be down the road. I traded my 2017’ XD for a 2019 Dodge Ram 2500. Night and day difference.
Are you happy with the Ram? I am considering a Rocky Ridge Silverado 2500.

·
31 Posts
28,500 is not Bad. Yes, I have always had really good luck with Dodge. Had a 2006’ Dodge Ram 2500 mega cab and put 300k on it before I traded it. Never had any problems and then I decided to try the 5.0 Cummins. I went back to the Dodge because of the Diesel choke down (emissions ). I could not delete, so I went with the 6.4 gasser.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome, Well good luck, I would have kept my Nissan, but when they discontinued the 5.0, I decided to switch.
Yep, a big part of why I am getting ride of mine. I love the truck. If the parts were reasonable or easy to get I’d consider keeping it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts