Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PR 4x4 that came with 265/60 20s. The offset of the stock wheel is +41.

I've been reading everyone's posts, looking at pics, etc. I would like to go to either a 285/60/20 or possibly even a 305/55/20. Based upon looking, I'm not sure there is quite enough room to do that on the stock wheels, and the stock wheels are 7.5 wide anyway so it's a bit of a stretch.

By my calculations, to keep the same inside clearance with a 9" wide wheel, I would need a +16 offset. KMC's sight says the Buck 20x9 has a +18 offset which would be really close (although tirerack.com shows it to be a 0).

With a +18 vs. the +41 stock wheel, and with the wheel being 1.5" wider than stock anyway. I believe the outside edge of the proposed wheel would stick out right around 1.75" more than the stock wheel, which would look about right without adding additional flares, etc.

I also think the additional inside room would give me inside clearance. Based on just looking at the tires and clearances I have now, I think either the 285s or the 305s would work. The 285s are a little larger diameter (about an inch as I recall) but the 305s are only slightly larger in diameter than stock.

I'm not seeing where I would get all the rubbing I'm seeing people on here seem to be getting and not sure why I would have to be trimming anything.

Do you guys think the above would work without trimming? If not, what am I missing about this? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
772 Posts
the farther you push the wheels away from the hub, the greater chance of the tire rubbing at the fender/back side of the bumper depending on which way you're turning. It will give you more clearance for a wider tire to not rub the spindle though. a 305/55/20 will look really good though.

if your calcs are correct a 1.75 wider stance is a lot without adding any leveling kit. You should try it and just trim if you need to cause its gonna look awesome.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the feed back, all of that makes sense. Based on another thread here there seems to be some minor trimming done using a +18 offset even with the 285s which surprises me frankly. Maybe I need to consider a minimal lift/level like the rough country to help with that. I'd really like to go 305s if I can make it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts