Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rotated the tires on my 2016 Titan XD SL today. The tire pressure readings are now reversed between the front and rear tires. The manual says that the in tire gauges can be reprogrammed but states the Dealer can reprogram them. Is there a way for the owner to reprogram the gauges?

·
165 Posts
There's tons of tools out there but people typically don't find it worth it to buy them. The dealer can do it within 5-10 minutes so it's more a matter of having it for convenience if you're really gonna use it often enough.

·
909 Posts
There's tons of tools out there but people typically don't find it worth it to buy them. The dealer can do it within 5-10 minutes so it's more a matter of having it for convenience if you're really gonna use it often enough.

I agree, and your dealer may do it for free or may charge to do it. If your dealer wants to charge a fee to do it, this is the reason why. Specialty tools are not cheap and the dealer wants to recoup their cost. If we rotate your wheels it is included in the price.

There are cheaper tools for the do it your selfer but I have seen them set other codes in other systems. And then you are possible looking at an hours labour for diagnostic time.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I rotated the tires on my 2016 Titan XD SL today. The tire pressure readings are now reversed between the front and rear tires. The manual says that the in tire gauges can be reprogrammed but states the Dealer can reprogram them. Is there a way for the owner to reprogram the gauges?
I know this is digging up an old tread, but according to the service manual, each tire sensor is picked up by a receiver at each corner of the truck. Meaning a short drive cycle will reflect the TPM sensors new location. The only time you might need a reprogram is when you replace the sensor with a new one (has to be registered to the TPMS module/unit) or if the module has to be replaced, in which case you'd have to re-register all four. Please correct me if I'm wrong as the diagram references these reciever/pickups at the four corners of the truck at the axles. Hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts