Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
664 Posts
I was actually expecting them to release it at around 350hp and 560ft.lbs.

It won't be long until a tuner hits the market that pushes the ISV to 400hp anyways.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had read that in the past Cummins had done little to push the smaller V engines. Supposedly they prefer inline designs. I don't want to say I'm WORRIED, but it does make you stop and think for a minute.

Then again, that was before, now they seem more then interested in getting into lighter duty...

·
664 Posts
I had read that in the past Cummins had done little to push the smaller V engines. Supposedly they prefer inline designs. I don't want to say I'm WORRIED, but it does make you stop and think for a minute.

Then again, that was before, now they seem more then interested in getting into lighter duty...
This engine has been in development since 1998. That's a pretty long development cycle.

From what is available of the engine, the design is sound, ahead of the curve really.

From an industrial stand point the inline six makes sense for most applications. While I agree an inline six is a good engine, a V8 is going to be smoother feeling and seem quieter because the combustion events are closer together at equal RPM to the inline six.

In the automotive world, it's less about what is appropriate for the job and more about what does the job the quietest, smoothest and quickest. The 5.0L ISV is going to end up giving the duramax and the powerstroke a good run for their money. The smaller displacement will rev faster, respond quicker and be more reliable.

·
664 Posts
How long after the Titan is released would it take for a tuner to be available? A tuner is a must in my books.

Cheers.
When the 6.7L Powerstroke hit the market, it was within a few months the first tune and DPF delete was available.

So I would guess within 6 months the first programmer will be available.

·
857 Posts
so 3-6 months, not a bad time frame.
looking forward to seeing what the first modifications will be aside from what was previous mentioned here.

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
The MPG is not listed yet. I heard it stated at 26MPG but it's just roomer. Nissan is being very tight lipped about it, and because the truck is heaver, they do not have to state if they don't want to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts