Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious as to how many people on here actually own the Titan XD and maybe a run down of problems that may have come up that we should be aware of! So far loving my Titan

·
182 Posts
I own one. Haven't had any major problems. Just after the update, I have gotten two CEL's and both were the same one. U1000-01 CANNOT COMM CIRCUIT
The technician said that the code didn't even exist.

·
904 Posts
Well have had one since January 18th. Love the truck and have had a couple problems. Transfer case replaced bc 4wd quit working. Latch on rear sliding window fell off and still waiting on a fix for that. No hurry for that fix though.

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see a lot of talk on the ECU update is that something everyone will need or does it seem to be isolated!

·
904 Posts
Even though there has been some repairs with the XD's. In my personal opinion it seems like nissan is doing a great job of fixing something when it comes up. When my truck went in for surgery they brought in 6 engineers from magna and nissan to diagnose my transfer case problem.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
When I had mine in for remote start install. I mentioned a small bump on my steering wheel. It was a bit annoying as it's where my hand always sits. But a bit of nit picking on my behalf. Dealer sent info to nissan. Just got a reply this morning new steering wheel on its way.
I was surprised especially having to deal with ford a little while ago with my 2015 completely warped dash and being told it was normal part production.

·
4 Posts
I bought my titan xd pro-4x 3 weeks ago. On my way home from the dealer I noticed my airbag light was flashing. I set up an appointment to have it looked at a week later. They have had my truck for 2 weeks now and I just found out today that there is a fray in the wiring harness for the airbag. I talked to the service manager and he said that there is another titan xd in for the same problem. Anyone else had this issue?

·
122 Posts
I have a weird feedback feeling in my steering wheel. It might be the shocks on the Platinum model cause I changed the tires already. And I dont really like how the leather is breaking in.

·
3 Posts
My experience with SL

I bought my Titan SL in March and later noticed the satellite antenna was loose as I was trying to wash it by hand. The nut was overtorqued at factory and snapped. Dealer had to take headliner down to replace.

Now the overhead console that holds the sunglasses does not stay closed (not sure if related to them taking headliner down). The **** thing opens by itself as I am driving and blocks the view on my rear view mirror. Dealer said had to be replaced and has been telling me that Nissan does not have replacement parts available yet.

It's been frustrating waiting week after week. You would think that they are making the trucks, so have the parts and is a matter of allocating for warranty purposes...but guess not at nissan...I put tape to hold it in place, but it does not hold in the heat. Brand new truck and frustrating experience so far... Well, at least it drives so I should be happy I guess.... Not very impressed with Nissan so far...

·
1,979 Posts
I bought my Titan SL in March and later noticed the satellite antenna was loose as I was trying to wash it by hand. The nut was overtorqued at factory and snapped. Dealer had to take headliner down to replace.

Now the overhead console that holds the sunglasses does not stay closed (not sure if related to them taking headliner down). The **** thing opens by itself as I am driving and blocks the view on my rear view mirror. Dealer said had to be replaced and has been telling me that Nissan does not have replacement parts available yet.

It's been frustrating waiting week after week. You would think that they are making the trucks, so have the parts and is a matter of allocating for warranty purposes...but guess not at nissan...I put tape to hold it in place, but it does not hold in the heat. Brand new truck and frustrating experience so far... Well, at least it drives so I should be happy I guess.... Not very impressed with Nissan so far...
Nissan isn't alone in the supply issues dept, trust me. Keep in mind this is a 1st year production vehicle & the spare parts supply chain will be extremely tight for at least another year, even more so for weird parts.

·
9 Posts
My only problem has been condensation in the tail light lens. Nissan is replacing both rear lens.
Love my truck !!!!!

·
4 Posts
I had that same issue. The dealership told me about it when I bought the truck. They said there was no sealant on it and they already had a new one on order.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts