Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan surprised us at SEMA yesterday when alongside their Baja Support Truck Concept they also showed off project Triple Nickel.

With the stripped down, slammed to the ground Titan XD, Nissan will be chasing two land speed records at the salt flats. The D/DT class with a current record 191 MPH and the FIA class A-III-9 with a record of record 115 MPH.

To get the XD ready for Bonneville Nissan lowered it, gave it a massive air dam, disk wheel covers and new Mickey Thompsons. It's also been rumored that Banks could be involved in the engine work.

“Cummins and Nissan have had an innovative partnership for more than five years, with excellent results, including the award winning powertrain for the all-new 2016 TITAN XD truck,” said Jeff Caldwell, general manager of Global Pickup & Van Business, Cummins. “Our working teams have been discussing a land-speed record racing project for some time now, and we are thrilled to debut this truck at the 2015 SEMA Show. Our founder, Clessie Cummins, would be proud of the volunteers willing to spend the time pushing his diesel to its limits.”

Pictures courtesy of Stephen Elmer:

·
77 Posts
It is, saw it posted somewhere else and it showed it hooked to the XD. Don't remember where it was now.

·
608 Posts
Camouflage interior. Does it makes sense? No. The inside of the truck can't blend into trees. And the outside of the truck is pristine white.

Will people still want it? Yes.

Hunting in this truck you just drive as fast as possible to chase after the animal instead of traditional methods.

·
340 Posts
Camouflage interior. Does it makes sense? No. The inside of the truck can't blend into trees. And the outside of the truck is pristine white.

Will people still want it? Yes.

Hunting in this truck you just drive as fast as possible to chase after the animal instead of traditional methods.
no...the outside of the truck is black, and those are seat covers not factory equipment...

·
29 Posts
All my trucks have had camo seat covers. All Marathon brand. I called Marathon and they stated they have not measured for the XD yet but assured me they would have custom covers for it real soon. I want to see Nissan's optional covers but for quality and custom fit, Marathon's are hard to beat IMO!

·
29 Posts
seat covers are so tacky imo. lol
Most brands I've seen on the market, I agree. So far (knock on wood) my Marathons look as though they were custom fit at the factory. Been extremely pleased with both looks and quality. 4 years of on/off road use, come trade-in time, seats look as though they have never been sat on.

·
772 Posts
Most brands I've seen on the market, I agree. So far (knock on wood) my Marathons look as though they were custom fit at the factory. Been extremely pleased with both looks and quality. 4 years of on/off road use, come trade-in time, seats look as though they have never been sat on.
People swear by "katskins" but IMO those still look meh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts