Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan unveiled the Titan Warrior concept at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, and the public loved it. Now the company is listening to the masses and is is hinting that the Warrior could become a production vehicle.

Speaking with Automotive News, Nissan North America's Director of Product Planning for trucks and SUVs said the concept is "more than a design exercise." Rich Miller went on to say "We're making a big commitment to the pickup segment with the new Titan, and we're also looking at where else we might take it now."
The Titan Warrior concept is based on the Titan XD. It features an aggressive exterior with aluminum skid plates, extended fender flares, and 18-inch alloy wheels with massive 37-inch off-road tires.

The Titan Warrior will compete against vehicles like the Ford F-150 Raptor and Ram 1500 Rebel. These are off-road trucks that also occupy the top of each brand's range as a halo truck. The truck is also equipped with LED headlights, side steps, and a four-tailpipe exhaust system.

The concept runs on the same 5.0-liter Cummins turbodiesel V8 engine with 310 horsepower and 555 lb-ft of torque, but the Warrior might get some performance tweaks when it comes out.

http://www.motor1.com/spy/60640/nissan-titan-warrior-concept-could-go-into-production

·
235 Posts
We fell in love with the concept model but Nissan is definitely going to water the design down which is unfortunate. The concept Warrior looks amazing with all of it's bells and whistles.

·
96 Posts
i call bs on them making now "if" they did they would sell a lot because the truck looks awesome and i would buy one.

·
169 Posts
The Titan Warrior will compete against vehicles like the Ford F-150 Raptor and Ram 1500 Rebel. These are off-road trucks that also occupy the top of each brand's range as a halo truck. The truck is also equipped with LED headlights, side steps, and a four-tailpipe exhaust system.
I hope this isn't your wording Forge, because it's the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet, EVER!!

First, to put the Raptor and Rebel in the same sentence is laughable. The Raptor is a legit off-road performer, upgraded suspension bits and a seriously tweaked body to fit those suspension upgrades, where the Rebel is nothing more than lipstick on a pig; it has NO suspension upgrades and is a standard Ram 1500. It's a gimmicky wannabe.

Second, the Rebel is NOT a halo vehicle for Ram, nor is it at the top of Ram's brand. Who drinks this BS anyway? The top of the off-road segment at Ram is the Power Wagon, everyone knows this and there is no argument nor discussion to be had.

·
169 Posts
Now, if Nissan made that, I'd maybe be interested, even with the limited payload and towing capacity of the truck

·
857 Posts
I always thought it would be a good move, just look at what Ford and RAM Trucks have been up to, that should already be enough to show there's space in the market for this version of a titan to fit in and sell well.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they really want to be successful in the truck segment, they will need different options to appeal to different needs, but if they don't end up moving vehicles then they will just have graveyards full of trucks of all different shapes and sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts