Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titan XD’s Little Brother Is Here

Nissan recently released details of a half-ton Titan pickup at the Chicago Auto Show and there’s a strong exterior family resemblance between the Titan XD and its little brother.

Both Titans share a similar rugged bumper design and it’s difficult to spot any differences if there are any. They have the same mesh grille, headlights, hood, etc. Except for the Titan’s smaller size compared to the XD, there really aren’t that many difference in the Titan’s facia stylings.

What’s under the hood is what sets them apart along with a smaller chassis but we’ll get to that later. The Titan will be offered with two engines but Nissan only went into detail for one of them. What we do know is that one variant will be equipped with Nissan's 5.6-liter Endurance V8 engine, capable of producing 390 horsepower and 401 lb.-ft. of torque. This engine will be paired with a 7-speed automatic transmission. As for the second option, it will be a V6 gasoline engine but nothing else was mentioned beyond that. Aside from the engine, the Titan will be offered in 4x2 or 4x4 drive configurations.

Titan’s chassis is not shared with the XD’s. It’s around 228.1 inches long and 79.5 inches wide which makes it 14.7 inches shorter than the XD. Both are the same width and they share the same cab sizes so those riding in the Titan shouldn’t feel cramped and there are three available cabin configurations for your comfort needs: Crew Cab, King Cab and Single Cab. Similar to the cabin option, there are three bed lengths to choose from: 5.5, 6.5 and 8 feet. Also following in the XD’s footsteps are the amount of trim levels available. You will be able to choose from five trim levels: S, SV, PRO-4X, SL and Platinum Reserve.

The 5.6-liter V8 Titan will go on sale this summer but there’s no word on the V6.

·
492 Posts
Imadogman I agree with the guy. I see that it looks better than the XD. But after seeing the titan warrior both titans look old, circa 2009.
I agree 100%
Nissan would sell a lot of Titan XD and non-XD models if they resembled the Warrior concept. I will never understand why the designer draws a compelling body style, and the Talking Heads dumb it down. I have seen this happen for 40+ years to a lot of cool concept vehicles.

Nissan, build them to look like the warrior and they won't stay on the lot.
They could sell a lot of 40-60,000+ dollar trucks, but I am betting that the Warrior will be like the Raptor, and only be offered as a high dollar option.
I won't be buying for another year or two...maybe they will "improve" them by then.
I am more excited by the non-XD V8 than the XD now. The XD is too heavy for me, and too slow. I only tow 3-6 times a year, and the rest of the time, I want to enjoy a truck that is fun to drive.
I don't think that the existing design is ugly, but it is not what it could have been. They took the drawings and morphed them into a Ford because that is what sells. JMHO

·
120 Posts
I am now more excited for the none xd and the 2017 duramax. We have trucks at work to beat up for hauling big stuff. I could easily gut by personally with a true 1/2 ton.

I really don't understand why peepeople are complaining about ride comfort. A HD rides like an HD because serious work has to be done. They are not ment to be commuters, there not ment grocery getters. I understand that finances come into play. You get what you pay for but it seems like people forgot what it was like 20 yrs ago. Cars were s $!t and the ride was even worse. Sorry for the rant.

·
608 Posts
I agree 100%
Nissan would sell a lot of Titan XD and non-XD models if they resembled the Warrior concept. I will never understand why the designer draws a compelling body style, and the Talking Heads dumb it down. I have seen this happen for 40+ years to a lot of cool concept vehicles.

Nissan, build them to look like the warrior and they won't stay on the lot.
They could sell a lot of 40-60,000+ dollar trucks, but I am betting that the Warrior will be like the Raptor, and only be offered as a high dollar option.
I won't be buying for another year or two...maybe they will "improve" them by then.
I am more excited by the non-XD V8 than the XD now. The XD is too heavy for me, and too slow. I only tow 3-6 times a year, and the rest of the time, I want to enjoy a truck that is fun to drive.
I don't think that the existing design is ugly, but it is not what it could have been. They took the drawings and morphed them into a Ford because that is what sells. JMHO
Well they are building the Warrior. I also hope they don't dumb it down too much. You should pay more for the Warrior though, it's a high-end truck with a high-end design.

·
9 Posts
Well they are building the Warrior. I also hope they don't dumb it down too much. You should pay more for the Warrior though, it's a high-end truck with a high-end design.
Curious about your statement that they are building the Warrior? Do you have any verifiable information? I would love for this to be the case, but I am starting to believe that Nissan will dilute their sales by offering all these models and variations to the point none may be successful. The more models and variations mean less volume which really hurts any potential for aftermarket components.

·
908 Posts
The more models and variations mean less volume which really hurts any potential for aftermarket components.
I am not sure I agree. Nissan wants to compete in the traditional truck market. To do that they need to offer more options. Not everyone needs or wants a V-8 extended cab pick up. They need to offer a regular cab and a V-6.
Offering options opens up a large part of the commercial market to them. Companies looking for a delivery vehicle may only need a regular cab, 2WD V-6 with an 8ft box where as the local handy man may want that same truck with a V-8 and 4WD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts