Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6 Posts
Hello I’m new on the forum and having a tough time getting an answer on the plow prep package
Where is it possible to find something through Nissan themselves that states the claims that I’m seeing all over the web about this package cause I went to the dealership and they said that the option is not available to be installed on my 2018 Titan xd crew cab sv trim level

·
12 Posts
When I bought my 2019 SV gasser in MD, I had to look for a while to find one with the Heavy Duty Front GAWR package. Seems like Nissan was only sending these further north and west than MD. Pretty sure it’s just the diesel truck’s front springs on the gas truck, but there could be more to it. Anyway, it wasn’t a dealer installed accessory. It was a factory option. Check out pages 561-562 of the builder’s guide, which is harder to find than a truck with the HD Front GAWR package, lol.

Here is part of my window sticker showing the $150 option

·
12 Posts
I find it interesting that even though I have two 4900 pound axles from the factory, my GVWR isn’t higher than a truck without the option, nor is my payload. How can that be? The Front GAWR of a gas truck without the option is 4325.

I got the option with the rationale that I could use a weight distributing hitch to push more weight to the front without exceeding the axle rating when towing. Carrying a plow was secondary. I might never even do it.

·
14 Posts
Thank u sooo much
Now I have something that states what I’m looking for so when I go today to the dealership I have proof cause there telling me that it’s not possible on my truck
Well, unfortunately they are right. As per the previous poster, its only a factory item, added at the time of build.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
6 Posts
Buy chance do u know of anybody that has had the heavy duty Springs put in after the fact and if they r infact the diesel springs and do they fit properly in the truck

·
276 Posts

Check out that post.

There's a bunch of places showing they have those springs if you search for the part number. 54010-EZ81C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts