Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone now exactly where the reverse light fuse for the trailer is located? I bought a LR-AB28T9200102TB2 trailer for my boat and some Gorilla in the factory crushed the reverse lockout solenoid under the tongue skid mounting bolt. Of course the reverse lights signal goes straight to ground and blows the trucks reverse trailer fuse. I spliced in a new wire for the trailer, that circuit is good. I have verified all of the electrical output from the truck at the 7 pin socket on the rear bumper. All circuits are good, except for the reverse circuit. I cannot find the fuse for that circuit anywhere. Anybody got the scoop on exactly where that little sucker is hidden?

·
831 Posts
Does the backup lights work on the truck? The trailer reverse lights connect directly to the truck reverse lighting.
The trailer reverse light circuit is a separate circuit.
It should be a 10 amp fuse located in one of the relay boxes under the hood.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Though I understand where it should be located there is not any indication of that it in either of the two under hood fuse/relay boxes that I am aware of, or can locate. There are other trailer specific fuses located and specified there such as "L and R trailer turn" fuses. However the illusive "Trailer Reverse" fuse is not specified or indicated in either box that I can see. Is there another fuse/relay box that I cannot see? The two I can and have accessed are under hood on the passenger side, one on the inner fender, the other behind it close to the firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As an engineer, I would feel like a real fool taking this 2 month old truck to the stealership to have a fuse changed.

:icon_scratch:

·
419 Posts
The diagram I checked showed that reverse wire on the trailer connector connected to the the reverse light on the truck, no separate circuit or fuse. I'll check again when I get home later from work.

·
831 Posts
Thanks. Though I understand where it should be located there is not any indication of that it in either of the two under hood fuse/relay boxes that I am aware of, or can locate. There are other trailer specific fuses located and specified there such as "L and R trailer turn" fuses. However the illusive "Trailer Reverse" fuse is not specified or indicated in either box that I can see. Is there another fuse/relay box that I cannot see? The two I can and have accessed are under hood on the passenger side, one on the inner fender, the other behind it close to the firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As an engineer, I would feel like a real fool taking this 2 month old truck to the stealership to have a fuse changed.

:icon_scratch:
They don't label things very well sometimes.
In one of those relay boxes there will be two 5 amp fuses. That is not the box you want.
In the other box you will see a row of fuses, 50A, 30A, 30A, empty space, 10A, 15A, 10A, 15A.
It should be the 10A fuse beside the empty space.
The row beside it should have four 10A fuses, empty space, 40A, 30A, 50A.

Demiles, that arrow indicates that you need to go to the Backup circuit wiring diagram to view the rest of the circuit. EXL-82 shows the fuse.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks to all of you for your inputs I will work this on Sunday. Expect a happy follow up on Monday or so.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Trailer Reverse Fuse Located and Replaced!

I finally found the fuse locations and replaced my blown trailer reverse fuse. For those wondering about fuses and relays. I have found four fuse/relay box locations that they could be located (there may well be more). The first three are fairly obvious, the glove box, passenger inner fender by the screen wash fill and one back against the passenger side firewall. The fourth and most illusive for me was the trailer reverse fuse location; it is in front of the passenger side battery alongside the inner fender. I have attached pictures for those that may need to find this fuse location in the future. Thanks to all for their help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts