Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Fantastic sounding engine!

It's quiet, but also retains just enough diesel ignition noise to ensure everyone knows it's a diesel.

First the Enterprise A in the background at the Detroit auto show, then taking the truck to SHOT show and now a fantastic engine note.

I can't wait to factory order one.

·
608 Posts
The engine note is really nice. A good balance between burly and not too loud. Exactly what I want my diesel engine to sound like.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Can't really tell, I need to hear it for myself...

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Yeah hearing it for yourself in person is ultimately what should be done, very few times are videos online a great way to hear it, few can capture the sound properly.
Gives us a good idea though. I was surprised how closely my 5.9L Cummins sounded on youtube vs real life though.

·
857 Posts
Gives us a good idea though. I was surprised how closely my 5.9L Cummins sounded on youtube vs real life though.
It sure does, it acts as a good reference point for knowing what to expect.
But of course it also depends on the quality of video for obvious reasons, either way a video helps.

·
608 Posts
Has anyone actually heard this engine in real life, or are we all working from videos at the moment?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
A few good friends of mine were in Orange County and got to go over the XD in detail ... They did hear it start and run.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
any insights to share?
It would be second hand, but they liked it a lot. They took a bunch of pictures and even took out a tape measure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts