Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am in the middle of deciding to do a factory order of a
2016 Titan XD Diesel with the S Trim.

The reason is I am on a budget, but want the diesel engine. I am a happy owner diesel convert with my 2015 Jetta TDI.

I have driven the Ecodiesel Ram, Ram 2500 with 6.7 Cummins also.

I narrowed it down by fit and finish and feel. Here is the pricing I received.

Ecodiesel 3.0L ST 54k
Nissan 5.0L Cummins S 50k
Ram 6.7L Cummins ST 55k

All the Trucks have 4x4, Cloth, Bigger size Crew Cabs.

I will be towing some stuff in future, mostly car trailer, possibly want to rent a camper and go to mountains, and not struggle.

I would have liked to get the 5th wheel hitch, boxliner, trailer brake, class 4 hitch from factory but It will just put payment way out of my budget comfortableness. I talked to my buddy and he said not a problem to install hitch and wiring, and aftermarket brake controller. (I have never used brake controller before mind you)

The other big differences are rubber floor in a S vs carpet in a SV and chrome bumper and grille vs black plastic. Now some more info on why I am leaning S. I really think plastic grille will match the black plastic aftermarket fenders better. I want to get the black fender flares that are coming out, and down the road the metal bumpers that Fab Fours advertised. I want to have some fun with truck off road. Vs pro4x without factory skid plates, and locking diff (and I cannot afford 67k) I figure I will make some new skid plates is my plan. Plus the painted bumpers and skid plate wont be used once I switched to aftermarket metal bumpers.

So I know I can add a boxliner, hitch, trailer brake, fenders, and metal bumpers as time allows. and rather than pay for factory 20s I can use more of the money saved to buy 17" BFGs or other awesome off road tires.

Thoughts fellas?

Radio

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Want warranty, and Used I have always been disappointed. No one ever sitting in my new truck before me is worth something. (think of how some people keep their cars) Any used diesel here is a ex rig pig high miler, overpriced without any new car programs.

Also what used Nissan Cummins trucks are out there?

The Brand NEW dodge doesnt have the Aisin in the 2500, and the ram ecodiesel i'm scared of. If I had to pick another truck it would be a Ram w Cummins. Based on all i've researched.

I look and talked to all the old school 1997-2000 era Cummins out there and lots of happy owners. They happily bought theirs new alot of the time and now have 500K. Thats what I'm looking for.

I want to buy a new truck and keep it for 15-20 years so I want to buy quality, not trading in every 2 years.

Radio

·
348 Posts
I worked a deal on a diesel SV with the comfort and convenience package and the utility package for 43,500. 50,000 seems high for a base S.
Oops, that was a 4x2, so add 3k, still puts it less than 47,000

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry didn't mention this is in Canada for pricing. we got a Shitty Loonie and get shafted.

truck sticker was 54000, right now 4000 off, if more off comes out they will do more off when truck arrives in september.

Radio

·
348 Posts
Well at least the diesel fuel is cheaper than gas there. Here in FL it averages 10 to 15% more than gas. That's where we get shafted.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
20% Cheaper than Gas where I Live.

I don't NEED a diesel. I just want to feel like i'm driving a locomotive everyday.

Radio

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Sorry didn't mention this is in Canada for pricing. we got a Shitty Loonie and get shafted.

truck sticker was 54000, right now 4000 off, if more off comes out they will do more off when truck arrives in september.

Radio
Where in Canada are you?

·
149 Posts
Hi,

The reason is I am on a budget, but want the diesel engine. I am a happy owner diesel convert with my 2015 Jetta TDI.

Ecodiesel 3.0L ST 54k
Ram 6.7L Cummins ST 55k

I will be towing some stuff in future, mostly car trailer, possibly want to rent a camper and go to mountains, and not struggle.

I would have liked to get the 5th wheel hitch, boxliner, trailer brake, class 4 hitch from factory but It will just put payment way out of my budget comfortableness. I talked to my buddy and he said not a problem to install hitch and wiring, and aftermarket brake controller. (I have never used brake controller before mind you)

The other big differences are rubber floor in a S vs carpet in a SV and chrome bumper and grille vs black plastic. Now some more info on why I am leaning S. I really think plastic grille will match the black plastic aftermarket fenders better. I want to get the black fender flares that are coming out, and down the road the metal bumpers that Fab Fours advertised. I want to have some fun with truck off road. Vs pro4x without factory skid plates, and locking diff (and I cannot afford 67k) I figure I will make some new skid plates is my plan. Plus the painted bumpers and skid plate wont be used once I switched to aftermarket metal bumpers.

So I know I can add a boxliner, hitch, trailer brake, fenders, and metal bumpers as time allows. and rather than pay for factory 20s I can use more of the money saved to buy 17" BFGs or other awesome off road tires.

Thoughts fellas?

Radio

I believe that the S trim model doesn't come with the gooseneck hitch. You may want to look into that as well.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,

Ecodiesel 3.0L ST 54k
Ram 6.7L Cummins ST 55k

Thoughts fellas?

Radio

I believe that the S trim model doesn't come with the gooseneck hitch. You may want to look into that as well.
No gooseneck with S you are correct sir

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Regina saskatchewan
Darn it. Some good deals in ontario starting to happen.
Collingwood nissan has a bit of an odd ball sv at a great price.
Right now only sv premium is available in Canada as you know. But some how they got an sv with just the U.S. convience pack.
They are asking $55000 with some more wiggle room.

I was asking a bit about it as it's not quite a premium sv. But what really caught my eye is the colour. I wanted java as my color choice. Then later found out at least for now no java metalic for Canada. But some how this one made it up. Will be the only java one in canada.

·
44 Posts
20% Cheaper than Gas where I Live.

I don't NEED a diesel. I just want to feel like i'm driving a locomotive everyday.

Radio
Points for honesty about the "need"! I am already preparing myself for the " why do you need a diesel" when I get mine. I'm looking at the S diesel as well here but in the states. They haven't hit the lots yet though. Waiting.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts