Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
167 Posts
These comparisons are useless anyways if they are not going to include all available pickups in the same class each year. Each manufacturer just stagers the release so they each get to claim the same title because there is no competition. 2 crossovers and a heavy half truck should not be compete against each other.

Just like comparing the 0-60 times for trucks. want to race 0-60, don't buy a diesel pickup, ever. on ramp acceleration is a different thing because diesel engines are already spooling the turbo's up and getting into the power band by the time they are over 20mph.

The truck looks awesome for the use that I want. Price will be a determining factor but at least I can probably fit the titan xd in some of the parkades around here. Just keep on waiting until I get to test drive one.

·
608 Posts
Yea the award is a bit bogus, but here is what the vehicles are generally judged on.

The award is not for the out-and-out best performance or off-road vehicle on the market for a given year, but rather a combination of best all-around car, or vehicle that represents a particular trend associated with a given particular model year. This year’s finalists include the latest versions of some longstanding names in their respective markets, but also include some vehicles that represent some of the more interesting trends of the 2015-2016 vehicle model years.

·
235 Posts
The jurors evaluated TITAN XD and 11 other semi-finalists on the ballot based on factors including: value for the dollar, innovation, handling, performance, safety and driver satisfaction.
If the final judging is similar then the crossovers can very well win. People wouldn't base their buying decisions on the outcome of this but still interesting to read the final verdict.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts