Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a twist of fate I am now ( most likely ) in the market for an XD a year sooner than expected. Two years into a three year lease and our car is ( most likely ) totaled. Daughter is fine but the Accord did its job and took the brunt of the force.

We are looking at the gas XD as that is the closest $$ for replacement that The wife and I like. Who has one of these and how do you like it? I have read a bunch of these threads but the number of people is not clear. I know, it's a first year production and problems will come up. We are also looking at the half ton and three quarter ton Chevys. NOT INTERESTED IN GETTING A USED TRUCK. Bad luck with used vehicles and let's leave it at that.:wink2:

Thanks all!

·
48 Posts
NOT INTERESTED IN GETTING A USED TRUCK. Bad luck with used vehicles and let's leave it at that.:wink2:

Thanks all!
Used Truck market is ridiculous right now, and there is little reason to buy a used truck, when a 3-4 year old truck cost as much as a new one.
My friend in the car business, has quit trying to buy trucks at the auction, due to the crazy pricing.
I looked at and drove a 2014 chevy 2500, I really,m really liked, with 50; miles.
Dealer wanted $47K.

I can buy same but better equipped 2016 2500 setting 2 trucks over on the same lot for around the same price.

·
348 Posts
I have the gas Pro4X, love it. Went from a 04 Titan CC 2 wd, the XD rides so much better than my old Titan, the fuel mileage is actually a little better. I do most of my driving in town, 3 to 8 miles at a time, averaging 14.5.mpg. I have turned 18 to just under 22 on some longer highway trips. Haven't pulled anything substantial yet, just a 18 foot bay boat, about 2900 lbs. actually made the ride nicer, took out any bed hop from rough roads. Braking was a dream, like there was no trailer, acceleration with the boat required a little more pedal than normal empty, but the small weight had no affect on the truck. I just hooked my travel trailer up today to see how it lined up and how far it squats, realized I need to order a new shank with 3 to 4 more inches of drop to get trailer level. The truck sat down about 1.5 to 2 inches, with 450 lbs. of tongue weight on 12" long hitch.

·
48 Posts
It might be a few months before the S trim is common.
Only common trim level around here is the Platinum. Never even seen an S yet.
I really want to see an S Trim though.
I want the vinyl floor, and have little interest in most of the optional stuff, other than the tow options

1 - 8 of 8 Posts