Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, however, I have been following the forum for sometime as I am interested in the new Titan, more specifically the non-XD version though.

I drive a 2013 Pro4x crew cab, and was at the dealership today for an oil change. There was a 2016 XD Pro4x in black on display at the front. No sticker on the window, but the dealer said $65-$70k CDN. In Canada I believe there is only one option package available on the Pro4x, and this had leather, so I assume that it was 'fully loaded.' I was surprised to see one because I was under the impression they would not be available in Canada until February.

They let me test drive it, and I went on a short (less than 10 km) drive on city and highway. This was the first diesel I've ever driven, so it did feel somewhat sluggish on acceleration, but had no problem getting on the highway and accelerating from 100km/h to 120km/h. The ride was great, smooth and quiet. The brakes were very strong, but the pedal was very sensitive. I did not play with any of the gauges or the tech or nav functions. The dealer said they were disappointed the nav screen isn't bigger considering the price point of the truck, and no sun roof either. Maybe for 2017? I also hope the large power rear window returns eventually.

The interior was great, especially compared to my 2013. It did not feel as big on the inside as it looks on the outside. I noticed there is no armrest on the front seats, but the centre console is higher and cushioned so it makes up for that. The hood is quite large, it reminded me of the way a GM/Chevy 2500 looks, large wide and flat. Compared to my truck where I can't see the hood when I look forward. The front view and hood is what made the new Titan really feel big. Plus the 6'-5" bed adds some length over my 5'-5" bed.

I really liked the truck, but I am somewhat biased to Titan's. The XD is way to much capacity for me, and I am more interested in the non-XD as mentioned, and am crossing my fingers for a smaller diesel in the non-XD Titan. I am sure the 5.6 V8 will be quite an engine as well.

I've attached some photos of the new XD.

Attachments

·
363 Posts
The hood is quite large, it reminded me of the way a GM/Chevy 2500 looks, large wide and flat. Compared to my truck where I can't see the hood when I look forward. The front view and hood is what made the new Titan really feel big. Plus the 6'-5" bed adds some length over my 5'-5" bed.
I've heard some complaints about reduced frontal view related to a lower cab/seat and a somewhat bulbous hood design. Not ideal for off-road and tight maneuvering.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I was questioning Burlington this morning about this truck as they had it advertised online for about $300 above msrp. Apparently there system automatically adds a $299 green tire fee when I called them out on it. And this fee shouldn't apply to the titan.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correction - The above XD is on autotrader.ca for ~$74K. The Titan boxes were installed in the bed, again, I did not really look at them closely, or know of any other options that were added to the truck. Here is the link.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Nissan/Titan/Burlington/Ontario/5_26466015_ON20080213110618570/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=3_15_7

The nissan.ca website shows a $3,000 cash discount right now, and MSRP just under $74k without the discount and options.

Photo 3 shows a warning for 'electric throttle control'. Do not know what it is, and do not know if it affected the test drive. I did read some other posts on this forum about a test drive with a lot of electronic deficiencies observed during the test drive. Hopefully Nissan resolves this quick...

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Msrp should be just under $74,000 for that truck. Titan boxes are apart of the package. Like I said they have added a $299 green fee that shouldn't be on there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts