Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
904 Posts
Hey RUQUIK... I am sorry to jump threads but I thought I read somewhere where you were a nissan tech. The mileage I keep seeing is around 17mpg combined and between 10 and 12 towing. Do you think with some tuning on cpu you could get noticeable better fuel mileage. Was hoping for a bit more mpg while towing my camper... Sorry again as I am relatively new to forums though I have watched this one in the shadow for a LONG time now.

·
96 Posts
Hey RUQUIK... I am sorry to jump threads but I thought I read somewhere where you were a nissan tech. The mileage I keep seeing is around 17mpg combined and between 10 and 12 towing. Do you think with some tuning on cpu you could get noticeable better fuel mileage. Was hoping for a bit more mpg while towing my camper... Sorry again as I am relatively new to forums though I have watched this one in the shadow for a LONG time now.
on the window sticker there is no fuel mileage listed. but I do know with the truck full of diesel it showed 414 dte on the dash and the truck has a 28gallon tank "should" get around 19mpg? I am sure with a programmer from banks or others the fuel mileage should increase but don't know how this will affect warranty if a problem occurs.

·
492 Posts
on the window sticker there is no fuel mileage listed. but I do know with the truck full of diesel it showed 414 dte on the dash and the truck has a 28gallon tank "should" get around 19mpg? I am sure with a programmer from banks or others the fuel mileage should increase but don't know how this will affect warranty if a problem occurs.

Make that a 26 gallon tank, not 28. I wish it was a 36 gallon tank myself.
See this post for a real world MPG test.
http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/474-titan-xd-photos-videos/9177-best-titan-video-yet.html

·
986 Posts
I am sure with a programmer from banks or others the fuel mileage should increase but don't know how this will affect warranty if a problem occurs.

Any Modifications not authorized by Nissan can void your warranty.

What is not Covered under the Emissions Defects or Performance

Warranties

• Normal maintenance, service and parts replacement as outlined in the

emissions control maintenance instructions of your Owner's Manual and

your Nissan Service & Maintenance Guide.

Failures directly as a result of:

• Failure to perform required emission control maintenance as outlined in

your Owner's Manual and your Nissan Service & Maintenance Guide.

• Misuse, accident or modification

• Improper adjustment or installation of parts during the performance of

maintenance services

• Tampering with or disconnecting any part affecting vehicle emissions

• Use of contained fuel or fuel other than that specified in your Owner's

Manual.

• In the case of Performance Warranty, the use of any part not certified in

accordance with Federal requirements which is defective or not equivalent

from an emissions standpoint to the original part(s).

• In the case of the Performance Warranty ,costs of determining the cause of

a vehicle failing an EPA approved emissions test, if such failure is found

not to be covered.

• In the case of the Defects Warranty, parts not supplied by Nissan or

damage to other parts caused directly by non-Nissan parts.

·
31 Posts
Even though I've ordered an F-150, I thought I'd still take one last look at the XD before I finalized the purchase. Checked with my local Nissan dealer who had expected trucks by mid December. Now they expect one by late January and that one is already sold. Nissan seems to have the same strategy as DeBeers has with diamonds. Limit the supply so you can maximize the price.

·
169 Posts
More pictures of the XD currently for sale at Fenton Motors
http://www.fentonmotors.com/web/vehicle_photos/27435606/
And no pics of the money shot...engine.

Stitching on the shifter handle, not seen that before (on column shift in a truck). The interior looks very nice.

I am sure with a programmer from banks or others the fuel mileage should increase but don't know how this will affect warranty if a problem occurs.
Maybe. However, it's still breathing through a DPF and SCR, the big gains will come when deletes come.

Programming WILL kill your drivetrain warranty.

·
17 Posts
Even though I've ordered an F-150, I thought I'd still take one last look at the XD before I finalized the purchase. Checked with my local Nissan dealer who had expected trucks by mid December. Now they expect one by late January and that one is already sold. Nissan seems to have the same strategy as DeBeers has with diamonds. Limit the supply so you can maximize the price.

I don't think production will keep up with demand right now. If you are undecided like I was when I started to look for a truck September, just hold off. By spring, there would be more inventory. But if a ford is what you want, go for it.

IMO, for somebody who does long trips, you cannot beat the interior like a Cummins TITAN. They really did a good job on that part.

·
169 Posts
yeah but NOT programming will be boringggggggggggggg. lol.
Bingo!

Someone WILL come out with programming, and that's what I'm most excited about!

Bad part is, it's got the same Aisin as the Ram 3500 does and there's ZERO transmission tuning available, and it doesn't look promising that any will materialize. Makes it or breaks it.

·
169 Posts
I don't think production will keep up with demand right now. If you are undecided like I was when I started to look for a truck September, just hold off. By spring, there would be more inventory. But if a ford is what you want, go for it.

IMO, for somebody who does long trips, you cannot beat the interior like a Cummins TITAN. They really did a good job on that part.
The demand thing....I'm wondering how much is legitimate demand, and what is interest. They are two very different things.

Let's face it, without the Cummins, the Titan redesign is little more than a small blip on the automotive news radar. The Cummins availability has made it headline material.

I'll admit, when pricing was released my interest level fell a LOT. I can go buy a Ram 3500 for not a whole lot more, but have WAY more capability and similar mileage. Couple that with less that stellar power ratings (my 2003 Dodge came with near identical ratings...12 years ago, 305/555) and not all that great of mileage numbers....it took a pretty serious nosedive.

They had a chance to really have a serious hit on their hands, and they priced it too dang high. Many will just go to a true 3/4 or 1 ton truck for similar pricing. And many will opt for the Titan, true.

Interior is very nice, other than the Cummins that's its biggest draw. It looks to be up there on par with the Ram trucks which currently have the best interior on the market. Very very nice interior.

·
772 Posts
Bingo!

Someone WILL come out with programming, and that's what I'm most excited about!

Bad part is, it's got the same Aisin as the Ram 3500 does and there's ZERO transmission tuning available, and it doesn't look promising that any will materialize. Makes it or breaks it.
I know a guy who just blew his tranny on his 12 or 13 2500 cummins....doing donuts in the sand. he went to a super duty. But the 2500's don't have the Aisin right?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts