Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many miles some of yall have on your trucks I have a 2017 nissan titan xd cummins that has 139,000 and still has emissions intact

·
411 Posts
Well, I'm still pretty low mileage on my 2016 (well under 50K)--not a daily driver--but glad to hear of higher mileage examples.

Have you had any emissions problems or codes?--DEF system, or EGR cooler of the like? If not, that's great!

·
1,319 Posts
I’ve got a 2016 with 165,000 mostly hard miles. Running great

Reactions: wakinvol

·
2016 XD Pro4X Cummins
36 Posts
Mine is a 2016 with 84k on it, just put it on a diet today, has always run well, oil changed every 5k others done on time

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm still pretty low mileage on my 2016 (well under 50K)--not a daily driver--but glad to hear of higher mileage examples.

Have you had any emissions problems or codes?--DEF system, or EGR cooler of the like? If not, that's great!
I did put a egr cooler on at 109,000 but no dpf issue as of right now fingers crossed

·
36 Posts
My 2018 I just bought few weeks ago had 34k kms when I got it. Now at 38k kms & was put on a diet at 15k kms. I only run the 30hp tune. I want to try the 120hp but get worried lol. I also tow lots. So the 30hp perfect.

·
216 Posts
2018 here with only 40k miles, but hard miles, I don’t give this truck a break haha. Literally have towed everything with this truck. Zero issues to date. Oh and been on a diet since 34k.

·
114 Posts
2018 5.0L 29,000 miles. Daily driver, mostly short trips everyday. Haul the fourwheeler to the mountains about every weekend. Diet since 1,000 miles. I use 60hp tune and haven’t had any issues. Only annoyance is the type writer tick I’m the crankcase after every oil change for about 1,000 miles. I change the oil every 5k. Seems to be the most occurring with Amsoil lol only last a couple of days with shell. Very light and faint tick but I’ve had a couple different places look at it and say it’s nothing to worry about and other diesels do it too.

·
7 Posts
2018 5.0L 29,000 miles. Daily driver, mostly short trips everyday. Haul the fourwheeler to the mountains about every weekend. Diet since 1,000 miles. I use 60hp tune and haven’t had any issues. Only annoyance is the type writer tick I’m the crankcase after every oil change for about 1,000 miles. I change the oil every 5k. Seems to be the most occurring with Amsoil lol only last a couple of days with shell. Very light and faint tick but I’ve had a couple different places look at it and say it’s nothing to worry about and other diesels do it too.
2016 with 52,000 miles. No emissions since around 30,000 miles on 30hp tune. Tow car hauler occasionally but mostly daily driver. I have the faint tick too, but mine never seems to go away. Been occurring since I got the truck at 16,000 miles.

·
114 Posts
2016 with 52,000 miles. No emissions since around 30,000 miles on 30hp tune. Tow car hauler occasionally but mostly daily driver. I have the faint tick too, but mine never seems to go away. Been occurring since I got the truck at 16,000 miles.
One thing I completely forgot to mention, the type writer tick goes away once the engine oil is at normal operating temperature. Once the oil temp gauge gets to just pass halfway it goes away. And after about a 1000 miles or so on a new oil change you won’t hear it anymore.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
839 Posts
Mine only ticked with Rotella t6. What weight are you using? I noticed amsoil stopped carrying 5w40 so I switched to valvoline blue.

·
241 Posts
The ticking could just be from the tuning. Every HP tune makes the valve train sound a little different due to injector timing and stuff like that.

·
309 Posts
2018 @35K still going strong no issues whatsoever, stock config. Glad that there's someone here with > 100K with emission with no issues.

·
6 Posts
'16 XD Pro4X diesel, owned since it was new. 94000 miles. Just replaced the turbo actuator. No other problems except rear radar/lane change indicator went out. Nissan wasted $2500.00 to fix it. I said, step off!
Never heard "put it on a diet" before. What does that mean exactly. Sounds like something to do with emissions / tuning. Diesel or gas?
What happens? How much$. Is it worth it?

·
2017 Nissan Titan XD Crew Cab
24 Posts
'16 XD Pro4X diesel, owned since it was new. 94000 miles. Just replaced the turbo actuator. No other problems except rear radar/lane change indicator went out. Nissan wasted $2500.00 to fix it. I said, step off!
Never heard "put it on a diet" before. What does that mean exactly. Sounds like something to do with emissions / tuning. Diesel or gas?
What happens? How much$. Is it worth it?
Totally worth it. It will cost you 15-1600

·
6 Posts
What does it entail, and what are the major pros/cons in doing it? Tell me more, I'm intrigued.
So from the DPF website you stated, would I be good to go with the tuner, and does that just make the system bypass the DPF, DEF etc, or do they have to be physically removed from the truck?
What about the straight pipe?

·
241 Posts
So from the DPF website you stated, would I be good to go with the tuner, and does that just make the system bypass the DPF, DEF etc, or do they have to be physically removed from the truck?
What about the straight pipe?
Only con is that it's illegal. Depending on the state you live in, no body cares. Unless you roll coal everywhere, then you'll piss people off and get fined for it. Pros- it sounds cool, more reliable, and better fuel mileage.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts