Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im looking at getting a truck at the end of the year. Been doing a lot of reading and looking to get the most for my money. I dont tow all the time but when I do it will be loads of about 10k. I was only looking at 3/4 ton truck but now that the XD is able to tow that kind of load it is now on my radar. I was looking at just getting a F350 or Ram 3500srw as they are the same price as a F150. This truck will not be a daily drivers but more of a weekend/work truck. I was looking at getting and older Ford 6.0 truck but im the type of person that want to make sure my truck will run good so I was looking at doing a full bulletproofing to it. In the end that would be about 30k for the truck and the extra work. So that go me thinking, why not just put that money down on a new truck. I know its not really easy to look at these truck but Im really looking at pricing. I know they will all cost about the same, around the 50k mark. That can get you a lot of truck. I know many of you already have truck and just wanted to see what you all though. I must say I cant wait to learn more about this truck and the new 2017 f350 also.

Thank You in advance.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
2007 F350 with 6.0L was the lowest number of warrenty claims for Ford. They basically fixed all the major issues by 2007. 6.0L is one of the most fun turbo diesels to drive, though that might change when the ISV hits the market.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on that. I was looking for a 05 - 07 F350. After getting my new 2014 though I dont want my truck to not have some of the new features that my car has. I know I can always add in a backup camera and other things but I like thinks to be stock.

·
120 Posts
Both are cars have some nice amenities. A 13 altima and a 15 rouge. Just got rid of my 08Tundra turd. I have been waiting for this truck for years. I currently drive the Rouge sl and the blind sort monitoring is a cool feature that takes time to get used to. But the around view camera system is so cool. It would definitely help with trailers. And also parking is a breeze since you can go to the enth degree without the thud.

These trucks will be pricey but I think the rewards out ly the risk. I wish it would have a console shift and no weird cummins badge on the front quarter panel.

·
608 Posts
Nissan is definitely trying to play with the big boys so the two trucks should be competitive with one another. I'd say to at least wait until we get full details and specs on the Titan XD before making a decision. I would expect Nissan to price competitively, either right on par or slightly undercutting Ford. Though the diesel may be a bit more pricey because it is a diesel.

·
857 Posts
Both are cars have some nice amenities. A 13 altima and a 15 rouge. Just got rid of my 08Tundra turd. I have been waiting for this truck for years. I currently drive the Rouge sl and the blind sort monitoring is a cool feature that takes time to get used to. But the around view camera system is so cool. It would definitely help with trailers. And also parking is a breeze since you can go to the enth degree without the thud.

These trucks will be pricey but I think the rewards out ly the risk. I wish it would have a console shift and no weird cummins badge on the front quarter panel.
Every forum i'm on about the new Titan you'll find that just about everyone hates the fender badge, on the mass scale of it all, with all the flak Nissan is going to get, I hope it's something they eventually change.

·
16 Posts
If it's not a daily driver and a 3/4 ton is enough you should look at the 2014+ Ram 2500. It rides much better because of the new suspension (especially if you get it with air suspension) and has a much better (proven) engine than the Ford. But you only get 800ft/lb torque ;-)

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started looking at them. I think if I do go that large of a truck I will get a 350/3500 srw. Its the same price and you get a little bit more truck for when you need it. Im looking to have this truck for the next 20 years so I want to do what every I need it. Now the Titan looks like it will do that also though. Im also thinking about the better mpg the titan should get over the other truck. Cant wait to get more info about all the new trucks then the fun will start... test driving all of them.

Iron Joce, how do you like your Ram? I have always liked the cummins but was never a fan of the truck around it. It looks like ram has stepped it up now though.

·
26 Posts
From what I've read there's no real reason for you to step into the 3500 or F350 realm. Now, between the F250 Powerstroke and the Ram 2500 with the 6.7L I6 cummins. The Ram is a far more reliable and the Interior isn't made of hard cheap plastic like the F250. Maybe I'm biased though, but after test driving both 2015 models I wasn't thrilled about the f250. My pulling experience comes from pulling cattle and trailer loads of hay year round with either a 92 Dodge Ram 250 cummins or a 01 GMC Duramax. The Ram has had the least amount of engine maintenance between the two and it is apart of the million mile engine club.

·
313 Posts
If you're price sensitive, like me, a lot depends upon the discounts available.

The Titan XD will be a popular new truck next fall, so I expect no discounting. However there may well be some left over 2015 F350s or RAM 3500s still available.

Also, some dealers discount more than others. In my area, it's usually the high volume Ford dealer that will beat just about every other dealer/make.

·
120 Posts

The Titan XD will be a popular new truck next fall, so I expect no discounting. However there may well be some left over 2015 F350s or RAM 3500s still available.

Also, some dealers discount more than others. In my area, it's usually the high volume Ford dealer that will beat just about every other dealer/make.
Your so right. If this truck sells like they think. She really should be some great sales on other makes. I really want a new titan but if I could get a great deal on a duramax I'm in.

·
120 Posts

Your so right. If this truck sells like they think. She really should be some great sales on other makes. I really want a new titan but if I could get a great deal on a duramax I'm in.

·
5 Posts
I vote 3/4 or 1 ton. I am a ford fan but there is no difference in an f250 or f350. Get the 350. Now if you will only need a 3/4 then the Ram 2500 rides much better. I vote this way because you will not be using it for a daily driver.

The Titan XD is sure gonna shake things up. Can't wait to see it. Specifically the payload numbers. I'm cautiously optimistic but I won't be completely shocked if a fully loaded one has a 16xx lb payload rating.

Anyone know where to send an email to Titan XD big wigs? Nissan will get one chance to offer a smaller diesel to customers that can have a 1500 lb hitch weight AND 600-1000 lbs of gear/passengers. It needs a 2200+ payload capacity fully loaded to be a real contender.

They will get their one chance to break into Ford, Ram, and Chevy's HD sales numbers. If it comes out with less payload than an F150, just with a bigger engine, they will get some buyers of course but will not turn the market on its ear.

It doesn't need to ride like a Cadillac. It needs to pull a fifth wheel or gooseneck with plenty of payload, have luxury items, and get 23-25 unloaded hwy mileage and 15-18 towing.

Waiting anxiously. My next truck will be a diesel HD or a Titan XD. Will not tow over 10,000 lbs but need 2200+ lbs of payload.

Getting off my soap box. New to the forum. Thanks.

·
313 Posts
Have similar requirements here. But 15-18 mpg towing will never happen, unless you're talking boat or flatbed trailers. Would be very happy with 12-13 mpg for my travel trailer.

·
120 Posts
Every forum i'm on about the new Titan you'll find that just about everyone hates the fender badge, on the mass scale of it all, with all the flak Nissan is going to get, I hope it's something they eventually change.
I hope your rt. It just came to me today of what this badge reminds me of. I really cheap cowboy belt buckle.

·
5 Posts
People are reporting much better on the Eco Diesel site. Most seeing 16-21 towing. The big diesels drop from 18 to 12 mpg towing at most. That's 6mpgs. If the truck gets 23-25 unloaded hwy then that could potentially be 17-19 towing. Stated 15-18 to be more realistic. I would be disappointed with 12 mpg towing a travel trailer that I could get 9-11 towing with an Eco Boost.

·
857 Posts
People are reporting much better on the Eco Diesel site. Most seeing 16-21 towing. The big diesels drop from 18 to 12 mpg towing at most. That's 6mpgs. If the truck gets 23-25 unloaded hwy then that could potentially be 17-19 towing. Stated 15-18 to be more realistic. I would be disappointed with 12 mpg towing a travel trailer that I could get 9-11 towing with an Eco Boost.
Not bad, glad to hear things are improving over their.

·
313 Posts
People are reporting much better on the Eco Diesel site. Most seeing 16-21 towing. The big diesels drop from 18 to 12 mpg towing at most. That's 6mpgs. If the truck gets 23-25 unloaded hwy then that could potentially be 17-19 towing. Stated 15-18 to be more realistic.
It would be great if that turns out to be right. Right now towing my 8000# trailer with the Eco Boost reduces mpg by about a half (about 20 to 10). You're saying a diesel will see a 1/3 reduction (possibly 24 to 16).

Maybe so. Would love to see it happen. Right now the big diesels aren't much of an improvement, and the little diesels are just too little.

·
857 Posts
That's what i've heard some Ram 1500 guys say which lead them away from the EcoDiesel, opting for the V8 instead. Not entirely surprised.

·
5 Posts
The EcoDiesel may be a bit small but it can do the job up to 9000 lbs. Its the 1000 payload in a 4x4 lar crew cab that gets people. Put 500 lbs (very low estimate) of family and gear in the truck, that leaves you with a 4000 lb trailer with a 480 lb (12%) hitch weight.

If your trailer is over 5000 lbs, you need a 100 lb weight distribution setup. You would have to leave the family or your gear at home. No way you would get a 8000 lb trailer with a 960 lb hitch weight and family in the truck without exceeding GVWR.

Payload is the single biggest reason people move to 3/4 ton trucks. And most get the diesel so their mileage isn't 10-12 mpg all the time.

I have seen the Titan XD's payload listed two ways. Up to 2000 lb max payload and some list it as 2000+. It will make all the difference in the world. The standard F150 has 2020 lb max payload in a 4x4 CrewCab. Fully loaded that is a real world payload of 1500-1700 lbs. but no diesel.

This is decent for a half ton but if the Titan XD has over a 2000 lb. in the real world (ie. after options) with this powerful cummins, they will be hard pressed to keep up with demand.

Food for thought... A loaded 3/4 diesel only has @2100 lbs. of usable payload. A half ton with the same payload, diesel, better ride, and 30% better fuel economy will make a LOT of buyers switch their loyalties.

We shall see. Very excited.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts