Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove a Tundra TRD Pro and a Titan XD Pro-4x back to back and they're two world apart.

One is a pure breed, ready to down shift and burn the tarmac at the slightest touch of the accelerator. The sound of the dual exhaust is exhilarating and the ride was smooth on our Beirut like roads.. It begged to be beaten and abuse..

The other is a Canadian work horse. Once inside, it felt more refined and sophisticated, I didn't want to beat it up like the Tundra. The diesel gave me the impression that loaded or not, on a flat strip or on a 15% incline, it would just be there and it would do it all day long. It wasn't in a hurry, an neither was I.

Both were purpose built to fill a specific niche.

The choice will be difficult!

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Life is too short to wait all the time, and since you only live once, I try to make the most of every moment given to me.
Waiting for an hypothetical Tundra is not an option ;-)

·
167 Posts
If you want to play in the mud. You might want to wait for regular pro4x or opt for tundra. The xd is so heavy it'll punch into the mud up to the axles and be twice as hard to pull out unless your planning on putting on big tires

·
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want to play in the mud. You might want to wait for regular pro4x or opt for tundra. The xd is so heavy it'll punch into the mud up to the axles and be twice as hard to pull out unless your planning on putting on big tires
Good point, that's why I'm keeping my FJ Cruiser to go play in the woods :grin2:

·
169 Posts
Why do people continually post that the Tundra is coming with the 5.0L?? There's been ZERO confirmation, it's only internet hubbub. And I've not seen anything remotely credible behind any reports.

But, it's still a Toyota at the end of the day and nothing will ever get me behind the wheel of one....

Reactions: realbored

·
203 Posts
really? they make some quality trucks man.
Obviously his 07 dodge is the best truck ever built, not sure why he even gets on other forums. He's openly talked about how "gutless" the xd is, has no respect for the quality of Toyota vehicles, and has critisized others for assuming an I tigrated goose neck would come with a ball(which it should, why I tigrated it if it's not a standard included option).

·
904 Posts
FJC before I purchased my XD pro4x my other vehicle I was debating was the TRD Pro. I drove the trd pro tundra double cab and it was one heck of a truck. Sounded great, ran great, and was VERY comfortable as well. My decision to buy the XD was pretty much based on the diesel vs gas. Like you said they are 2 very different animals. Tundra was just begging to go fast and drive it hard. I don't think i would wait on the mythical Toyota with cummins. After the soft rollout of the titan xd I think tundra might rethink. But regardless Toyota has is still a great gas engine. I do not doubt my decision to buy the XD. I am very happy with my truck and still looking forward to my first tow of my camper real soon. I think either one you go with will be the right decision... And as far as different brands... You will always have loyalists to everybrand that hate every other brand. Chevy guy hates ford, ford guys hates dodge, and ALL Chevy Ford and Dodge guys hate Toyota and Nissan. Just my 2 cents

·
169 Posts
really? they make some quality trucks man.
Meh. They don't make anything I can't go to a Ram or GM dealer and get, and get bigger and better. There's no draw there for me.

And I don't like Toyotas.

Obviously his 07 dodge is the best truck ever built, not sure why he even gets on other forums. He's openly talked about how "gutless" the xd is, has no respect for the quality of Toyota vehicles, and has critisized others for assuming an I tigrated goose neck would come with a ball(which it should, why I tigrated it if it's not a standard included option).
Yep, it is. My truck kicks butt.

What's your beef man? The XD IS gutless. I'm not the only one stating such, so balls up and call every single other person out that's posted such. Just yesterday someone said the same, so pack up your man purse and go call him out.

I don't like Toyotas. So what? In fact, I hate them. The only Toyota I would ever have is a MkIV turbo Supra. Other than that, they're all boring regurgitated crap that isn't immune to their fair share of quality issues. Hate to burst your bubble.

And the problem with common sense is the fact it's not so common anymore. What part of "hitch" indicates a ball? The same dude said in his post something about a Class IV hitch, which attaches to the frame under the rear bumper, and said something about not expecting it to have a ball. But a gooseneck hitch SHOULD have the ball??? Tell me how that makes sense.

Here's his quote, so there's no confusion:
The Nissan order summary clearly states "class IV receiver": I didn't expect a hitch/ball for pulling a trailer; the "integrated gooseneck hitch" should maybe add "receiver" so you wouldn't expect the hitch/ball.
Dude posts contradicting statements; "Well I don't expect a ball with my receiver, but dammit the gooseneck better have one or I'm hopping on the internet!"

This is dunce-level stuff, by the book.

Are you one of these insecure pricks that gets upset when someone doesn't post glowingly about whatever the subject at hand is, this being the XD forum, logically discussion revolves around said vehicle? And no, it's not perfect, there's a lot to be desired in my personal opinion.

I guess someone needed to pounce on me, this place has been dead since the last time we had 3-5 threads of bashing on me.

I'd never consider a FIAT or a Government Motor myself.

But to each his own.
But Fiat doesn't make trucks........

It's ok, appears you don't want a truck-truck, you just want a truck. I assume to look cool or something, or you don't want to put a hitch on your Honda for your towing "needs," I don't know.

12k can't stack up to 31k no matter how pretty your Crayons are. Just make sure you get a base model, or you're stuck at just over 10k....none of that fancy crap for you.

·
348 Posts
Just wait until the updated tundra comes with the same motor.
The latest with the Tundra diesel is Toyota broke off their plans with Cummins and are focusing on producing a diesel in house through their HD/commercial line, Hino. Those are very proven trucks.

·
154 Posts
Meh. They don't make anything I can't go to a Ram or GM dealer and get, and get bigger and better. There's no draw there for me.

What's your beef man? The XD IS gutless. I'm not the only one stating such, so balls up and call every single other person out that's posted such. Just yesterday someone said the same, so pack up your man purse and go call him out.

I don't like Toyotas. So what? In fact, I hate them. The only Toyota I would ever have is a MkIV turbo Supra. Other than that, they're all boring regurgitated crap that isn't immune to their fair share of quality issues. Hate to burst your bubble.

And the problem with common sense is the fact it's not so common anymore. What part of "hitch" indicates a ball? The same dude said in his post something about a Class IV hitch, which attaches to the frame under the rear bumper, and said something about not expecting it to have a ball. But a gooseneck hitch SHOULD have the ball??? Tell me how that makes sense.

Dude posts contradicting statements; "Well I don't expect a ball with my receiver, but dammit the gooseneck better have one or I'm hopping on the internet!"

Are you one of these insecure pricks that gets upset when someone doesn't post glowingly about whatever the subject at hand is, this being the XD forum, logically discussion revolves around said vehicle? And no, it's not perfect, there's a lot to be desired in my personal opinion.

I guess someone needed to pounce on me, this place has been dead since the last time we had 3-5 threads of bashing on me.

It's ok, appears you don't want a truck-truck, you just want a truck. I assume to look cool or something, or you don't want to put a hitch on your Honda for your towing "needs," I don't know.

12k can't stack up to 31k no matter how pretty your Crayons are. Just make sure you get a base model, or you're stuck at just over 10k....none of that fancy crap for you.

no bashing by me. i agree everyone has a right to an opinion.
but i am curious why do you come on this forum? especially since u hate the xd?
again not wanting to offend you or anyone.

·
203 Posts
^^^gotta agree with this guy some. Why does it have to get personal moparproud? I simply pointed out your dislike of the xd, dislike of Toyota, and criticism of ones post. I really wonder why your here???
I'm on 2 forums, this one and f150ecoboost. Here because I am a fan of this truck and may very well buy one, and on the other because that is what I currently own and forums can be a great source of info and advice. I have no desire to own a Chevy or a Toyota, therefore I'm not on any of their forums. Sure, I could join and talk about how my truck is better than them and blah blah blah, but what's the point?? I may not like them, but you can't argue with the track record of the ls platform and Toyota didn't get a reputation as being one of the most reliable brands by accident.

Now based on some of your post, you do (or did) have an interest in the xd, yet after your test drive you felt it was lacking. That's cool and your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. I guess it's just all the other bs you bring to table that makes me wonder why your still active.
This is all I have to say on this topic. Have a nice evening.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

Knock off the name calling or you will find yourself reading from the bench ...

·
4 Posts
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, I am from Manitoba, I've been following the Titan XD since the January 12, 2015 Detroit Auto Show. I own a 2007 Nissan Titan SL, 6-inch lift, airbags, fifth wheel hook up. Absolutely love the truck. Prior to that I had a 1996 Ram 2500 pick up, 5.9 I Cummins. Love the Cummins. My personal opinion and that of many friends of mine is that Dodge was an unreliable product. Nickel and dimed me to death for 12 years. I've been watching the forums for a while, tried not to get involved into too much just interested in seeing what people have to say. There has to be a Dodge forums some people can run to and blow smoke up each other's rear ends and make each other believe whatever they like. Don't get me wrong, I know this new Titan XD is definitely going to have some problems or growing pains but I still chose to buy a Platinum Reserve in January 2016. ATC and Dragon in Edmonton, I've been watching your posts and I believe you are great backers of the product so we can let all the naysayers blow smoke up their rear ends and use their magic dust to believe that their product is superior. Right on.

Attachments

·
129 Posts
I've owned the 6.7 cummins,6.4 for and 6.7 ford and now i own the nissan 5.0L all diesels and all had there own character. the 5l isn't meant to stack up against those diesels and I'm glad it doesn't. I've just moved from a 2015 eco boost to the nissan because i feel personally it is a superior engine and build. I'm a big fan of trucks in general and am pretty sure that someone calling out toyota who swears by there 07 dodge(which I've owned) is nothing but a troll looking for some action on a forum. stay classy titanxd every forum has this rubbish that has nothing better to do than come to a place they hate to do just that, hate! i love the new titan its been stellar for me, thats why I'm here! i call a spade a spade and the reason i bought this truck is i think it fits perfectly in between the half ton and 3/4 ton segment, great job nissan innovating and not following the domestic pack on this one:smile2:

·
56 Posts
It's one thing to comment on the XD not feeling/being very quick, but it's another to listen to someone in what seems like every other post stating how sluggish, turdish, embarrassingly slow they feel, just gets old. Condescending all the way, to members and their trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I have no reason to not back the xd. I am also one of the pickiest people you will meet when it comes to their vehicles. I have owned multiple of every brand. There is only two vehicles I have been truly content with. My 2012 titan and now my 2016 xd. I only got rid of my 2012 titan because gas was around $1.30 a litre and I was averaging 35-40000 km a year.
I was very intrigued my the 2.7 alum body ford. It was pretty much cheaper to get a new vehicle then putting fuel into the 5.6L titan. Gave the f150 a shot. The 2.7 didn't let me down the rest of the truck did.
But now I'm happy again, back into a titan. I wouldnt mind having a little more umph off the line in the xd. But I can easily overlook for how much I enjoy everything else about this truck. I was grumbling a bit about the updated flash with the tranny. But today I went for a little more spirited run. And it feels alot better, as well quicker to accelerate.

·
772 Posts

eh, id take a TRD pro over any ram or gm half ton any day, stock vs stock.

Knock off the name calling or you will find yourself reading from the bench ...
lol to be fair, there seems to be like 5 or so guys who can't stand people (moparproud) who have any opinion against the XD.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts