Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“It has been a long, hard journey getting to today and I want to express my appreciation to the entire TITAN XD team. And now, the real hard work begins right here on this production line – delivering the promise of innovation and excitement designed into the new TITAN to our customers” - Jose Munoz, Nissan Executive VP

First guy off the line was this Platinum Reserve:

·
19 Posts
Sad that a truck can be built by Nissan knowing the cost down to the last screw but they can't put a retail price out there yet to its waiting potential customers. What are they scared of or waiting for? Did anyone see a window sticker on this 1st one going?
Also apparently there is not any new news on this vehicle either. I signed up on the nissan site for updates about it and have yet to get an email from them. Is it just me or has there actually been email updates put out? I have found out more info from this forum that the company building the thing.

·
363 Posts
Since I signed up for email updates on Aug 11, I've received two XD updates. But I also received some Nissan spam about altimas, etc.

The first XD email I received was Oct 26 and it had no new info. On Nov 12, I received a Nissan email for a sign up list to see the XD at a local dealership.

·
363 Posts
Amazing to see so much manual labor go into one truck. There's a team at every station.
I wondered the same. I'm thinking it's related to beginning production. It looked like some weren't the normal hands-on types. Maybe production engineers, trainers, and such?

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amazing to see so much manual labor go into one truck. There's a team at every station.
I thought that was a normal amount of human interaction within the process, nothing out of the norm from what I can see is required from humans which machines may not yet be able to do.

·
608 Posts
I imagined more robots doing this work actually. I wonder if they made the process this way because it was the best way, or if it was the least expensive / most efficient way. Other production facilities that I've seen seem to have more robot arms going through.

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Best way for quality control I assume with consideration of what the machines can/cannot do.

When it comes to mounting windshields this plays in big time.

·
24 Posts
why has Nissan not released the prices yet??? it is less than 30 days from sales. I was 90% sure i was getting a new titan 6 months ago. Now I'm about 75% sure I'm going to get a GMC 2500. All this waiting and secrets has pushed me to look elsewhere. Very disappointed in this launch.

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why has Nissan not released the prices yet??? it is less than 30 days from sales. I was 90% sure i was getting a new titan 6 months ago. Now I'm about 75% sure I'm going to get a GMC 2500. All this waiting and secrets has pushed me to look elsewhere. Very disappointed in this launch.
NAIAS seems to what they're waiting for, I could be wrong, it's even possible they lift the embargo days or weeks before NAIAS.

·
31 Posts
I just checked with the local dealer. Cars now coming in January. Between the constant slippage, disappointing load numbers, questionable mpg numbers not supported by any info from Nissan, I'm going to purchase an F-150. I just put a deposit down. I had high hopes for the Titan. Good luck to everyone and I hope you get what need.

·
77 Posts
With production started, I would imagine these trucks will be hitting dealer lots in the next week or two. I'm guess we will see the regular Titan at the Detroit Auto show as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts