Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have already posted about how you can buy a Ram 2500 big horn diesel for the same price as Titan XD Pro-4X. One thing I forgot to mention was ride quality differences between the two trucks. I test drove a RAM 2500 with rear air suspension and ride quality was very smooth. Also I test drove a RAM 2500 with the standard rear coil springs and although it was not as smooth as the air suspension it still was not as harsh of a ride as the Titan XD. The harsh ride of Titan XD is most likely due to the fact that it uses leaf springs as many trucks do. I have to admit I have never liked leaf springs as they ride rough when the truck is unloaded and have several disadvantages when it comes to off road capabilities. Many military vehicles use coils and/or air suspension and I have provided a link below for those interested in the technology. Perhaps in the future more manufactures will use coils and/or air suspension on their trucks.

http://www.hendrickson-intl.com/military/45745-352.pdf

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don't own either truck at this point. I thought I would share my comparative shopping analysis of both vehicles for those trying to make a decision. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
72 Posts

I don't own either truck at this point. I thought I would share my comparative shopping analysis of both vehicles for those trying to make a decision.
Thanks for the comparison. I was interested in the ride quality of the air suspension as well.

·
363 Posts
So I have already posted about how you can buy a Ram 2500 big horn diesel for the same price as Titan XD Pro-4X. One thing I forgot to mention was ride quality differences between the two trucks. I test drove a RAM 2500 with rear air suspension and ride quality was very smooth. Also I test drove a RAM 2500 with the standard rear coil springs and although it was not as smooth as the air suspension it still was not as harsh of a ride as the Titan XD. The harsh ride of Titan XD is most likely due to the fact that it uses leaf springs as many trucks do. I have to admit I have never liked leaf springs as they ride rough when the truck is unloaded and have several disadvantages when it comes to off road capabilities. Many military vehicles use coils and/or air suspension and I have provided a link below for those interested in the technology. Perhaps in the future more manufactures will use coils and/or air suspension on their trucks.

http://www.hendrickson-intl.com/military/45745-352.pdf
That is interesting especially since the XD was suppose to have a more comfortable ride versus 3/4 tons pickups.

·
169 Posts
Can't for the life of me think why would anyone come on an xd forum and brag about ram? Who gives a ****. This is an titan xd forum. Go over to the ram forum and see if they care.
Gee, I don't know, because we're talking trucks?

And there are ALWAYS comparisons, ESPECIALLY with something that is supposed to be an "in-between" model (but really isn't)

Rocket science it isn't.

And you DID realize the forum it's in, correct? TITAN XD VS THE COMPETITION. Pull your head out...

·
22 Posts
Currently drive a duramax 2011 it's a rough truck ! I have driven dodges,rough trucks too ! Not into fords , they are nice trucks but engine is terrible ! But the Nissan xd hands down rides way better and does not have that diesel lag ! Very smooth and yes it will get up and go ! But these are not race trucks ! Just wait till the gasser comes out ! Extremely fast truck !

·
169 Posts
Currently drive a duramax 2011 it's a rough truck ! I have driven dodges,rough trucks too ! Not into fords , they are nice trucks but engine is terrible ! But the Nissan xd hands down rides way better and does not have that diesel lag ! Very smooth and yes it will get up and go ! But these are not race trucks ! Just wait till the gasser comes out ! Extremely fast truck !
Haha.

Come on. "Does not have that diesel lag"??. The XD is gutless and rides no better than a Ram 2500. And really not any better than my lifted 1 ton.

·
72 Posts
I guess I'm to old to care about how fast trucks are. My trucks these days are used to tow my toys I DO want to go race up into the hills. The power and torque race has left me bored. Will it get me over the pass at the speed limit? Then I'm good, lol.
This rig is filling the void of the wife's rig, she can get up our hill, get hay and groceries, commute to work and still fit in a spot. And on the weekend it gets a 10k toy hauler behind it or it has to haul a backhoe to a buddy's. A diesel for towing for me Is key, torque both up and down hills, control, brake size-need of use, weight of truck, rpm's bla bla bla.

Been a ford guy most of my life because the Chevys and dodges 'bodys' and interiors let me down, more than there drive trains.
Have not drivin the air ride dodge, but again I'm not buying it for a wheeler, I bought it to tow, does an air ride equate to the towing stability of the hydraulic ride of the Xd? My Xd is bar none the most 'solid feeling' new truck I've ever spent time in, yet still takes our bumpy dirt road very smoothly.
Go ahead and get your 'air ride' dodge, you'll need it when those seat backs break on you and the center console rips off as you try and save yourself while falling backwards lol. (Dodge 2500, right before my eyes) I'm down to fords with Cummings transplants, or option b, give Nissan a chance with this girl.

·
22 Posts
I drive the xd everyday ! Way less lag than my duramax ! Not fully sure about dodge ! This truck does ride very nice ! It's just as heavy as my duramax or close to it ! I'm not brand loyal ! Drove them all except ford ! Most dodges I've seen around here can't keep their front end in one piece ! I just do my homework and try to buy the best truck ! My duramax is tough but have had def issues !

·
430 Posts
I drive the xd everyday ! Way less lag than my duramax ! Not fully sure about dodge ! This truck does ride very nice ! It's just as heavy as my duramax or close to it ! I'm not brand loyal ! Drove them all except ford ! Most dodges I've seen around here can't keep their front end in one piece ! I just do my homework and try to buy the best truck ! My duramax is tough but have had def issues !
It may have less lag than the duramax, but the 0-60 is still over a second slower.

·
22 Posts
It may have less lag than the duramax, but the 0-60 is still over a second slower.
Yes true ! My d max will run but it's at about 30 mph I seem to get the boost ! The xd to me has it starting out then flattens ! Could be due to the throttle response or throttle mapping ! To me it runs like a half ton on take off without the engine reaving and rpm shooting up like half tons do ! It's smooth just like the dmax ! Really can't feel it shifting sometimes on both trucks !

·
72 Posts
Lol, "the numbers" again. Over a second slower than..... Again I don't think Nissan is going after the 'race scene' kids with this 50k+ truck.
Even my buddies and diesel nut friends are pretty 'done' with the 900 ft lbs **** and the tuner nightmare. Yes the big Cummings is a badass, certainly.
But like the ford, with that power race has come problems.
I do NOT need 900ft lbs to tow a 10-12k trailer, and I certainly don't need the problems, blown up **** that comes with that much power.
I'd rather still be comfortably driving 500,000 miles from now
I'll wave at you dodge fellas as you pass me up, and again when I pass you on roadside lol.
As it stands she can blow past folks on wet rainy mountain roads at 80+ in seconds, and inspire confidence while doing it, good enough for me.

·
22 Posts
Lol, "the numbers" again. Over a second slower than..... Again I don't think Nissan is going after the 'race scene' kids with this 50k+ truck.
Even my buddies and diesel nut friends are pretty 'done' with the 900 ft lbs **** and the tuner nightmare. Yes the big Cummings is a badass, certainly.
But like the ford, with that power race has come problems.
I do NOT need 900ft lbs to tow a 10-12k trailer, and I certainly don't need the problems, blown up **** that comes with that much power.
I'd rather still be comfortably driving 500,000 miles from now
I'll wave at you dodge fellas as you pass me up, and again when I pass you on roadside lol.
As it stands she can blow past folks on wet rainy mountain roads at 80+ in seconds, and inspire confidence while doing it, good enough for me.
Your so right ! I could care less how fast it goes from 0 to 60 ! Trust me it's fast enough ! Nissan is not targeting fast drivers ! Ha ha ! They targeting in between drivers and haulers that don't won't the 800 to 900 fpt and rough ride!It will tow 8 to 13 thousands pounds with ease ! I just wish they had a bigger tank at least 30 gallons ! Would be my only complaint I guess and that doesn't bother me to much ! My dmax has 36 ! Just used to that !

·
26 Posts
Can't for the life of me think why would anyone come on an xd forum and brag about ram? Who gives a ****. This is an titan xd forum. Go over to the ram forum and see if they care.
Because... Where this truck is priced in the market it cost as much as a fully loaded 2500 Cummins Big horn 4x4 with incentives. That's why.

·
36 Posts
Why pay more for a lower trim truck that isn't that much more capable? I'd rather have a pro 4× titan xd with aisin way before a cheap big horn with 68re of whatever crap tranny Ram is pawning off.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Having owned 4 new rams in 12 years
And now with the xd having owned 2 new Titans in past 3 years. I will gladly pay a little extra for a titan any day. But when comparing option for option the ram 2500 wasn't cheaper overall and the xd was only a few thousand more then a little less equipped ecodiesel. It was an easy decision for me and worth every penny.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts