Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my wife's Rogue in for service at the Nissan dealer where it was purchased here in SLC.
I asked the Service Manager how the Titan XD sales numbers were.
He told me that they had only sold 2 or 3 of them, and they were all Cummins diesel models.
He also said that before the XD arrived, they had a long waiting list. After it was available, the list dried up from lack of interest.

They don't have any Gas XD's yet, so the feedback from test drives has only been from the Cummins. Most of the people who were interested in the new XD were current or former owners of the original Titan. Almost all of them expressed disappointment at the acceleration of the Cummins compared to their original Titan.
Some of them are now waiting for the Gasser XD to test drive, and others told them that they would wait until the 1/2 ton arrived.
They have 7 XD's on the lot, and little interest from buyers at this time.

I am happy for people who find this truck to be their every want and desire, but at least at this dealership, sad to say, it isn't selling very well.
Hope things change with the gasser and the 1/2 ton. I would like to see Nissan succeed with this new design.

·
88 Posts
Was this Tim Dahle by the aquarium? I bought mine there two months ago and was told I was the fourth one in the state to buy one. I test drove a PR and wasn't overwhelmingly impressed with the acceleration, but I wasn't used to driving a diesel either. I had no intention of even buying one anyway but got the SL they had as the demo. What's sad about it is that the diesel needs to break in before you start feeling the power. I'm over 6000 miles now and it scoots pretty good now. MUCH different animal than when I first got it. It doesn't throw your head back, but you feel the continuous pull in the seat. It's also a really comfortable ride.

I think they need to rack up some miles on a demo (mine only had 600) so people can feel what it's really like.

·
573 Posts
Here is an ongoing thread about the sales:
http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/193-2016-nissan-titan-general-discussion/10138-jan-sales-8.html

The gasser was released in the beginning of the month, so we should see if it moved the needle with the May sales report in a week or so.
I'm thinking 4000/month, at least eventually. There are several gas owners on this thread already and they seem to really like them.
With the 2017 F-250 getting closer to release, sales will not be getting any easier for the Cummins. Of course, it will be impossible to tell how many of each engine were sold with the XD.

·
363 Posts
So much for Nissan's diesel goodness marketing. Doesn't sound like Nissan is meeting the original plan of capturing many unsatisfied owners jumping back and forth between 1/2 and 3/4 tons. Could it be, those same folks are the ones that know what a diesel feels like and just aren't happy with Nissan's interpretation of a midsize diesel tweener?

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was this Tim Dahle by the aquarium? I bought mine there two months ago and was told I was the fourth one in the state to buy one. I test drove a PR and wasn't overwhelmingly impressed with the acceleration, but I wasn't used to driving a diesel either. I had no intention of even buying one anyway but got the SL they had as the demo. What's sad about it is that the diesel needs to break in before you start feeling the power. I'm over 6000 miles now and it scoots pretty good now. MUCH different animal than when I first got it. It doesn't throw your head back, but you feel the continuous pull in the seat. It's also a really comfortable ride.

I think they need to rack up some miles on a demo (mine only had 600) so people can feel what it's really like.
Not Tim Dahle...Ken Garff

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is an ongoing thread about the sales:
http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/193-2016-nissan-titan-general-discussion/10138-jan-sales-8.html

The gasser was released in the beginning of the month, so we should see if it moved the needle with the May sales report in a week or so.
I'm thinking 4000/month, at least eventually. There are several gas owners on this thread already and they seem to really like them.
With the 2017 F-250 getting closer to release, sales will not be getting any easier for the Cummins. Of course, it will be impossible to tell how many of each engine were sold with the XD.
I could have posted it there, but people like me had hijacked the thread (my apologies), and this thread was more of an informational post than actual hard sales numbers.
I think that the gasser will sell better than the diesel, but that remains to be seen. Some of us are waiting for a King Cab or the 1/2 ton models.
You won't see a sale to me until Fall 2017, and then it will probably be a gas model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts