Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
608 Posts
That was a great spy shot. Its great to see the Titan out on the road, no camo. And now when we see the commercial we will fell like we saw a little sneak peak before hand.

·
857 Posts
One thing we all can agree on is in that video, the Titan sure does have a serious presence, can't help but have your eyes light up seeing it pull through that corner.

·
608 Posts
ANd a lot of truck people really care about that presence. Its nice to sit up high and look down on all the rest of the cars on the road.

·
88 Posts
Looks great in black! They definitely put some work in making the XD shine. What a distinctive front end it has. Sooo beastly!

·
608 Posts
Looks great in black! They definitely put some work in making the XD shine. What a distinctive front end it has. Sooo beastly!
I mean it is being shot for a commercial so I'm sure its someone's job to make sure the truck is looking its absolute best.

·
857 Posts
well you wouldn't expect them to run it through mud and dirt then drive through the core of one of the biggest cities, they have more sense than that.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
well you wouldn't expect them to run it through mud and dirt then drive through the core of one of the biggest cities, they have more sense than that.
I must admit that is something I hate about truck commericals. It's this perfectly clean truck, with someones brand new gloves strategically placed and a clinically clean load in the box or on the trailer.

What I'd love to see is a realistic commercial where the truck is brown from driving in and out of the oil patch and the only clean spot on the truck is where the window wipers travel. With a dirty trailer, a dirty worker with nasty gloves, getting in and out of the truck with dirty coveralls and 3cm thick of mud and dirty and debris on the floor. Then a quick clip of him cleaning his truck up on the weekend before going out with the wife dressed up nice. "Works as hard as you, gets as dirty as you and cleans up just as nice. Nissan Titan XD, a working mans truck."

·
857 Posts
It all depends on who they're targeting with the commercial they're targeting since there are a number of different folks buying trucks. With that range, we should see a range of different promos.

·
608 Posts
I could see a commercial where they start off with the truck clean and then show shots of it doing work and driving through mud and such. Maybe the final shot is of the proud owner washing it down to do it all over again tomorrow.

·
340 Posts
I could see a commercial where they start off with the truck clean and then show shots of it doing work and driving through mud and such. Maybe the final shot is of the proud owner washing it down to do it all over again tomorrow.
Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Titan XD, Built Ford Tough. :devil:

·
608 Posts
I went to training at Wirtgen USA in Nashville, they had a fleet of Ford trucks. On their machines, they copied Ford and labeled them "Built Wirtgen tough"
I'd like to see a picture of that. It's kinda funny when companies play off the others' marketing or advertising schemes.

·
857 Posts
I'd like to see a picture of that. It's kinda funny when companies play off the others' marketing or advertising schemes.
It might not be the best practice but if that's where all the eyeballs are and the market is focused on they might as well leverage what's their

·
313 Posts
It might not be the best practice but if that's where all the eyeballs are and the market is focused on they might as well leverage what's their
I think Wirtgen makes mostly specialized Mining machines, so not a really a Ford competitor or the same market.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I think Wirtgen makes mostly specialized Mining machines, so not a really a Ford competitor or the same market.
Wirtgen group builds a pretty large array of equipment from earth moving, road building, mining, etc.

·
857 Posts
Ford has components and some vehicles that come into play with that line of work, so that's something to consider as it relates to this.

·
40 Posts
So when does everyone think we'll start seeing the first Titan XD commercials? I'm thinking start of football regular season.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts