Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PickupTrucks.com has just posted a Spied article today!

Their spy shooters in California's Death Valley managed to snap a few pictures of the Titan XD being tested.

"We caught an engineering group testing two Nissan XDs outfitted with the Cummins 5.0-liter V-8 diesel engine. It seems that the engineers are putting the new Titan through some final tests before its official launch near the end of this year. The venue for these tests was as extreme as it gets, in the 120-degree heat of Death Valley.
"The two test trucks included a stripped-down worktruck and the higher-end Platinum Reserve."

Here's the article: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2015/08/spied-2016-nissan-titan-xd-final-shakedown.html

·
608 Posts
From the looks of it, the Titan won't have trouble towing a good amount.

Great to see spy photos. Just makes you realize that things are moving along.

·
28 Posts
That look's like a real long wheel base from the photo's quite comparable to an F150 Supercrew 6'5'. The lower trim model looks pretty good too.

·
363 Posts
For me, the only thing ugly is the odd angles on the front chrome grill. Normally vehicles taper-in with height so it's odd to see boldly chromed angles tapering out. The less blinged-out XD model with painted front grill softens the issue.

Nissan/Infinity might have some of the oddest auto designs.

·
5 Posts
That look's like a real long wheel base from the photo's quite comparable to an F150 Supercrew 6'5'. The lower trim model looks pretty good too.
For whatever reason the Titan XD wheelbase is about 6in shorter than an F150 SuperCrew 6.5ft. I thought wheelbase was important for towing but I guess the designers thought it was more important to have a better turning radius for city drivers.

We shall see. Truck should be the same length but not the wheelbase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts