Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this post on the Titantalk, seems like Heavy D Sparks is putting his XD through its paces, and is doing quite well!

heavydsparks - Maximum recommended towing capacity on the new Cummins Titan is 12,000 lbs...so I decided to see how she would do with 19,000 lbs behind her. I'm actually quite impressed, it does really well especially at freeway speeds.

It's not squatting as bad as the pic looks, this gooseneck just has a 12" raised neck for our bigger trucks.

Attachments

·
658 Posts
Saw this post on the Titantalk, seems like Heavy D Sparks is putting his XD through its paces, and is doing quite well!
Unfortunately, this guy doesn't even realize that his pro4x has a max rating of 10,555 lbs when towing with the gooseneck, he thinks it's 12,000.

·
430 Posts
If this guy actually took that out of the parking lot, he is mentally inept to be driving any motorized vehicle. ''It isn't squatting as bad as it looks," but the trailer is only a few inches off the ground. Make sure and give him plenty of "ataboys" because he's obviously craving attention.

·
214 Posts
If this guy actually took that out of the parking lot, he is mentally inept to be driving any motorized vehicle. ''It isn't squatting as bad as it looks," but the trailer is only a few inches off the ground. Make sure and give him plenty of "ataboys" because he's obviously craving attention.
:eek:mg:Hold on every body, the earth is about to stop spinning because I agree with 6Scorpian7 ! :wink2:
Statistically, it was bound to happen at some point :signlol:

·
77 Posts
Needs some airbags, although I work for a heavy haul company and its fairly common for the RGN Double drop trailers to ride 2 or 3 inches off the pavement depending on the fifth wheel height, trucks tires, and weight of the load. You have to be real careful around railroad tracks.

·
430 Posts
Needs some airbags, although I work for a heavy haul company and its fairly common for the RGN Double drop trailers to ride 2 or 3 inches off the pavement depending on the fifth wheel height, trucks tires, and weight of the load. You have to be real careful around railroad tracks.
He doesn't need airbags. He needs a drw 1 ton truck, unless He's just loading that for show.

·
363 Posts
Agreed, they have some pretty cool projects and shows. But, wow, that XD/trailer setup looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

It's amazing we're seeing so many of these ridiculous setups given the relatively few XD sales.

·
1,300 Posts
These trucks are really underrated. I have no doubt that it could handle 15k towing and have a pay load of 2500lbs. It feels just as stable as my old 06 dodge 2500 did.

I'm sure they will bump the numbers in the coming years and not change a thing on the truck.

·
2 Posts
Good Pull

Pulling that 19000K was a good job. This truck should be rated from Nissan at 15000K max toll. That is a safe 5th wheel or gooseneck pull. I am just waiting for Nissan or someone else to make an adapter. I toll my Grand Design 5th wheel with my Tundra but it is over 9 years old and it has been worked hard but still does the job over 10K. It also should be noted that this 5.0litre cummins is in Tiffin Class A coach with a GVW of 24,500lbs. That is impressive.

At any rate this is my first post because I am getting closer to a decision on a diesel. I said I would never ever get a diesel again after having them for 40 years but this XD has my attention. Good luck to all you owners.

·
167 Posts
These trucks are really underrated. I have no doubt that it could handle 15k towing and have a pay load of 2500lbs. It feels just as stable as my old 06 dodge 2500 did.

I'm sure they will bump the numbers in the coming years and not change a thing on the truck.
Dragon, I think you are right on in comparing it to your 2006 2500 ram.

Ram crew cab 4x4
Curb weight = 6900lbs,
Tow capacity = 12900lbs,
payload 2090lbs
HP = 325
Torque=610

Titan crew cab pro4x
Curb Weight = 7300
Tow capacity = 11,780
Payload 1730
HP = 310
Torque = 555

So throw on a DPF system weighing a couple hundred pounds on the 2006 ram and you'd pretty much have the same truck when comparing capacities.

·
194 Posts

So throw on a DPF system weighing a couple hundred pounds on the 2006 ram and you'd pretty much have the same truck when comparing capacities.
Or just delete the DPF crap soon as a delete is possible. Then same truck only its built way better than a dodge!

·
430 Posts

Ram crew cab 4x4
Curb weight = 6900lbs,
Tow capacity = 12900lbs,
payload 2090lbs
HP = 325
Torque=610

Titan crew cab pro4x
Curb Weight = 7300
Tow capacity = 11,780
Payload 1730
HP = 310
Torque = 555

Yeah. If this had been released 10 years ago, it would have competitive.

·
167 Posts
Yeah. If this had been released 10 years ago, it would have competitive.
lol, here we go again. Isn't that kinda the point scorpion, its not meant to compete with current 3/4 tons. As stated regularly by pretty much every announcement made by Nissan. And don't tell me that half tons have just as good of capacities. Put 2800 lbs in the back of a ford f150 and see how it sits in the ass end. The point is that this truck is meant to comfortably handle the loads its rated for. For load handling, durability (yet to be seen of course), and ride quality. You can say you fan boys can't help but defend it. I'm not defending it, I own it and I love it and isn't that the point. I don't love the F150 and I don't love the newer chevy's (even though I used to own them and think they were the best available 1990 through early 2000). I don't like the nose on the dodge HD trucks. I don't need 800ft.lb of torque. I don't have a small d*** and there are many reasons why I won't buy a Ford anymore. And they are purely personal reasons from my personal experiences. But keep trolling, everyone here loves it. Personally I like Nihilus's comments as they do add value and many times not in favor of the Titan, but I don't see what value you add to the forum. But I'm probably beating a dead horse here lol.

·
430 Posts
lol, here we go again. Isn't that kinda the point scorpion, its not meant to compete with current 3/4 tons. As stated regularly by pretty much every announcement made by Nissan. And don't tell me that half tons have just as good of capacities. Put 2800 lbs in the back of a ford f150 and see how it sits in the ass end. The point is that this truck is meant to comfortably handle the loads its rated for. For load handling, durability (yet to be seen of course), and ride quality. You can say you fan boys can't help but defend it. I'm not defending it, I own it and I love it and isn't that the point. I don't love the F150 and I don't love the newer chevy's (even though I used to own them and think they were the best available 1990 through early 2000). I don't like the nose on the dodge HD trucks. I don't need 800ft.lb of torque. I don't have a small d*** and there are many reasons why I won't buy a Ford anymore. And they are purely personal reasons from my personal experiences. But keep trolling, everyone here loves it. Personally I like Nihilus's comments as they do add value and many times not in favor of the Titan, but I don't see what value you add to the forum. But I'm probably beating a dead horse here lol.
Here we go, again? I'm not the only person that says this truck has 10 year old 2500 specs. The point was proven above. Personally, I don't care what truck you like, or the size of your genitalia. You keep saying this truck is so underrated and that it should haul 15,000lbs, etc. That is comparing it to current 2500 class trucks. But the minute I say something, "oh its only meant to be a half ton." Get off the fence. People are buying the truck, thinking it is a towing machine. If it is, it is. Obviously you've got a case of the short man syndrom, if you have to bring junk size into a conversation.

·
167 Posts
Don't get your panties in a knot. I'm the one that spec'd out the comparison between a 10 year old dodge. Your the one always comparing to new 3/4 tons. I never said anything about the rated capacities should be way higher. I just stated it can hand its stated capacities without struggling. Is all.

P.S. I'm definitely not short but funny that you bring height into the convo :)

·
194 Posts
Everyone keeps saying the F150 has a higher payload. Thats jsut not true. The only way to get the 2100 lb payload on the F150 is if you get a base level trim...not exactly what makes for an enjoyable ride. Once you configure the F150 to match a simular trim level of the XD it doesnt compete.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts