Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan says they improver ergonomics and lessen fatigue on long drives...

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/OVERVIEW/zero_gravity_inspired_car_seat.html

Ergonomic technology was utilized to analyze, measure and verify fatigue reduction and comfort, leading to the NASA-measured “neutral posture.” In a weightless scenario human posture is weakened and the burden on the body is at its least, meaning posture does not collapse even over long periods and you are less likely to become tired. By applying this neutral posture to a car seat, it alleviates feelings of fatigue from sitting for long periods of time.

·
608 Posts
Very interesting. Seems well thought through.

It could be a cool thing for auto shows to have one of these seats next to a competitors for people to feel the difference and compare.

·
88 Posts
Hi there,

Does this seating technology come standard or is the an option upgrade? Definitely looks like a lot of research has gone into ensuring healthy posture positioning.

Cheers.

·
857 Posts
Hi there,

Does this seating technology come standard or is the an option upgrade? Definitely looks like a lot of research has gone into ensuring healthy posture positioning.

Cheers.
With technology like this, i can almost bet they will want to charge a premium for it, it speaks to some real needs and issues that some people have which for nissan means profit.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
With technology like this, i can almost bet they will want to charge a premium for it, it speaks to some real needs and issues that some people have which for nissan means profit.
Can't make progress and research new technology without profit!

·
608 Posts
I mean people pay extra for racing seats so I don't see why they wouldn't pay extra for these seats. If they aren't offered as an option then they will at least be only offered on the more high end trim levels.

·
608 Posts
Has anyone actually tried these out though? Are they actually that much better than a regular seat, or is it not something to get overly excited about?

·
857 Posts
Zero gravity seats are optional in the Altima, and probably others.
Good reference point.
That trend is likely to be followed all throughout their model line up.

But of course when it comes to infiniti, they'll likely make it standard if it isn't already included.

·
88 Posts
That's great to hear! Especially on long hauls this seating technology will be very helpful on the back..

Random question - Is Infinite to Nissan basically what Lexus is to Toyota?

Cheers

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
That's great to hear! Especially on long hauls this seating technology will be very helpful on the back..

Random question - Is Infinite to Nissan basically what Lexus is to Toyota?

Cheers
Yes.

Look close at all the parts on my Infiniti and they're labeled "Nissan" The engine sticker also says Nissan.

·
257 Posts
Has anyone actually tried these out though? Are they actually that much better than a regular seat, or is it not something to get overly excited about?
Yes. I had them in my Altima and they were quite comfortable. I also have them in my 2016 Titan XD SL, and with my bad back, they feel very good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts