Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
More from Eglin AFB. Airing down trying not to get stuck. Video and pictures are hard to tell...but there really was some deep / loose sand.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
No kids please, sorry about the language. I was kinda nervous and on edge about how tight the trial was and getting stuck. Hard to tell from video but the trail is very narrow and deep sand. Not the best quality either, taken from friends iphone.

·
198 Posts
No kids please, sorry about the language. I was kinda nervous and on edge about how tight the trial was and getting stuck. Hard to tell from video but the trail is very narrow and deep sand. Not the best quality either, taken from friends iphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDIqCgtQ37M
I would have been worried about getting stuck and scratching up the truck... But hey... That's why we have them!

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I would have been worried about getting stuck and scratching up the truck... But hey... That's why we have them!

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
I was super worried about getting stuck down there with a big truck. There was hardly any places to turn around, so my thought was to keep momentum going and run up the other side. However, the road that was suppose to be on the top of the **** was gone and the lake was empty. I should have got pictures of how it was completely washed out, it was like a 50 foot wide and 30 foot deep hole. The **** was completely gone and there was no way around it. LOL I did get some pretty bad drag marks on it too from the trees on some of the tighter trails.

But all in all, it was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about the truck and how it handled these things, and the most important...how airing down makes a night and day difference in deep sand.

·
324 Posts
More from Eglin AFB. Airing down trying not to get stuck. Video and pictures are hard to tell...but there really was some deep / loose sand.

You shouldn’t have any issues in the Eglin sand. 4hi slow and easy will take most places. Trails do get tight, invest in a DA buffer and pads LOL.

Here is the road headed out of my hunting area.hard to tell in the photo but the road is tilted at 14*. Usually the road is just sandy but with the heavy rains the ground water is flowing out of the sides of the embankment. The ruts are deep and gushy, down in to the clay base. Is little history of this trail/Forest Rd. To the right side there was a home stead and stage coach stop. It is the exact middle between the Oklawaha river and Lake George. This trail was used in the movie the Yearling, most of the move was filmed here and in another area of the Forest called Pats island. Anyhow this trail was used as the main road for the settlers of the Ocala National Forest (before it was a National Forest) There is a old well spring that still flows ice cold clean clear spring water, slowly but is is always flowing. Great place during the early hunting season to get a drink and splash some cold water on your head.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
You shouldn’t have any issues in the Eglin sand. 4hi slow and easy will take most places. Trails do get tight, invest in a DA buffer and pads LOL.
Nice picture, looks like a fun road. :)

I thought This too about Eglin. But after a petty big storm the sand was all washed out on the trails and really soft. Even going slow and trying to use the weight it was still iffy at full pressure. Aired down, I agree no issues really in the sand. However there are some pretty bad trails like the one you pictured. I will try to get to those next time and get pictures. I am always bad about taking pictures when I am having fun. Plus I need another truck to go with me, do not like to go too crazy without back up.

On a side note the storm washed out an abandoned 30 ft yatch on the beach right where I was staying. It was kinda creepy at night. It was from the US Virgin Islands and was said to wash up from the hurricanes. Other than the sails were shredded, the boat looked fine.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Any time I come across a decent trail I try it out...and because of that I always keep A LOT of recovery gear in my truck. Surprisingly enough though, my truck hasn't been stuck yet. BTW, you wouldn't have been worried at all in that situation if you had Maxtrax, shovels, HiLift jack, etc etc in the truck.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Any time I come across a decent trail I try it out...and because of that I always keep A LOT of recovery gear in my truck. Surprisingly enough though, my truck hasn't been stuck yet. BTW, you wouldn't have been worried at all in that situation if you had Maxtrax, shovels, HiLift jack, etc etc in the truck.
I do wanna get some Maxtraxs. I have seen them in action and man are they nice. Just a little pricey because I want four of them.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I do wanna get some Maxtraxs. I have seen them in action and man are they nice. Just a little pricey because I want four of them.
Yes, good recovery gear is expensive. I justified the cost of buying high quality stuff because unlike other mods, it doesn't go away if you change vehicles.

I'm probably a little over-prepared (if there is such a thing). In my truck I keep 4x Maxtrax, HD chain with hooks, long recovery strap, snatch strap, both hard and soft D rings, 48" Hi Lift jack (need to get a mount for my 60"), Hi Lift wheel lift accessory, e-tool, saw, lots of ratchet straps, zip ties, gorilla tape, jumper cables, tire puncture repair kit, Viair compressor, go-bag with tons of stuff, trauma kit, first aid kit, took kit, fire extinguisher, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, freeze dried food, water & water filtration, extra flashlights with batteries, etc etc. Oh, and full size spare tire...lol

...well, that's the stuff in my truck that I will admit to online.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Yes, good recovery gear is expensive. I justified the cost of buying high quality stuff because unlike other mods, it doesn't go away if you change vehicles.

I'm probably a little over-prepared (if there is such a thing). In my truck I keep 4x Maxtrax, HD chain with hooks, long recovery strap, snatch strap, both hard and soft D rings, 48" Hi Lift jack (need to get a mount for my 60"), Hi Lift wheel lift accessory, e-tool, saw, lots of ratchet straps, zip ties, gorilla tape, jumper cables, tire puncture repair kit, Viair compressor, go-bag with tons of stuff, trauma kit, first aid kit, took kit, fire extinguisher, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, freeze dried food, water & water filtration, extra flashlights with batteries, etc etc. Oh, and full size spare tire...lol
Love it. I need to add things to my packing list now too, and just leave them in the truck.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Hills are cool places

Attachments

·
Premium Member
417 Posts

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Looks awesome there, nice pics

What size tires are you running? They look bigger than 32s, but maybe its the angle.
Just a hair bigger than 32s...37x12.5R17s

·
11 Posts
A little late, but here is my truck overlooking Flathead Lake in Montana, the day after Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1 Posts
New owner and new to the forum, but found this thread and thought I'd share a few recent pictures :) Seminoe Reservoir, WY. Absolutely love this truck!!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Lost Creek Road

We do not have the coolest places here in the flat part of the MidWest, but I did find this interesting single track rock road. It crossed through and over a creek around 10 or more times. Nothing extreme by any means, just was different. It felt like another world almost, but then at each end it came out to a paved highway.

One of the crossings I thought the road ended. Finally saw that it crossed the creek, around a couple hundred feet until the track picked up on the other side.

Lost Creek Road - MO

https://goo.gl/mXFboM

61 - 80 of 102 Posts