Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
203 Posts
Undercover....check out eBay. The undercover flex is like the backflip hard folding style. Running about $800

·
119 Posts
I'd give the Retrax boys a call to see if they have a generic that they think will fit on a Titan. Nothing seals your truck bed better and still leaves it open when you need it as well as securing it with a locking mechanism.
http://www.retrax.com

·
857 Posts
Thanks for posting that.
Good for those of us that need to keep the bed dry. I know someone that was interested in something like this. will make sure to pass it on to them .

·
608 Posts
Just to be clear, does Nissan not offer a tonneau cover that is made for the Titan and by Nissan itself?

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have had a Retrax on my Titan over 10 years now ... Good cover

·
22 Posts
Hello

I am VP of Sales for Roll N Lock Corporation and a 2016 Titan XD owner. Since I drive a new Titan, I pushed the development process through our R&D section pretty rapidly and we are just now releasing the M-Series, vinyl-over-aluminum retractable cover to the market. It is application number LG881M and can also be purchased with the companion Cargo Manager sliding cargo divider (CM881.) It will soon be available in our all-aluminum A-Series too (BT881A.)

I have attached some pictures of the cover on my Titan and I think it looks great. BTW, this cover installs on the Titan XD without drilling ANY holes. However, you must remove the upper utility tracks and the Titan Boxes. Let me know if you have any questions.

ERIC KRAFT

Attachments

·
88 Posts
I bought the demo truck with a lift, wheels, and a tonneau cover already installed. The cover says it's a Trifecta by Extang. Just a vinyl three section folding cover but uses the utilitrac rails to install. I'm not sure if that's the right term for the rails though haha.

Attachments

·
50 Posts
I have had a Retrax on my Titan over 10 years now ... Good cover
When your Retrax is fully closed and locked, can you open your tailgate?

My dads 07 Titan has a RollnLock retracting cover, and he likes it. However, when it's fully closed and locked, it latches into the tailgate and it requires a '2 step' process to open the tailgate. Unlock RollnLock, open tailgate. I'm not sure if current RollnLocks models still operate like this or not.

·
88 Posts
More pics of the rest of the truck please?
Here's some more pics. I'm going to have to make some fender flares because these tires stick out a lot!

(My girl took these pics and that's her parking job haha. I just noticed how far it's hanging out of the parking spot)

Attachments

·
22 Posts
Traditionally, the reason for the 'two-step" process of opening a Roll N Lock was that it let you secure your bed WITHOUT locking the tailgate. In other words, simply by locking the Roll N Lock, you couldn't open the tailgate either. This was particularly important back when most trucks did not have a locking tailgate However, you are correct that you had to open the Roll N Lock to at least the first stopping point in order to drop the tailgate.

Since almost all new trucks now come with a locking tailgate, many customers choose to install their Roll N Locks with the optional (included in some applications) "NT Kit". - with no tailgate extrusion. So the cover only locks to the side rails and not to the tailgate. The Roll N Lock applications for the new Titan XD ONLY come set up for installation with no tailgate extrusion (NT). Two reasons for this: The plastic tailgate cap is spaced away from the metal of the tailgate and makes using our typical tailgate extrusion pretty much impossible. Secondly, it APPEARS that all the XDs get electric locking tailgates as standard. BTW, can anyone confirm this? My Nissan dealer (who happens to be my brother) doesn't know. Anyway, with the locking tailgate, I pretty much keep my Roll N Lock locked all the time. So, when I hit the lock button on my remote (or on my door), the bed of the truck is secured. When the doors (and tailgate) are unlocked, I can open and close my tailgate while leaving the cover locked.

I also generally keep my Cargo Manager (another Roll N Lock product) pulled all the way back. This leaves about a 2-foot deep area to put groceries, boxes, whatever - and they stay there - not sliding up to the front of the bed under braking! In effect, a trunk. Then, I can still slide it out of the way or farther forward or remove it entirely if i need to use the bed of the truck as, well, a pickup bed!

·
207 Posts
More pics of the rest of the truck please?
Here's some more pics. I'm going to have to make some fender flares because these tires stick out a lot!

(My girl took these pics and that's her parking job haha. I just noticed how far it's hanging out of the parking spot)
That looks sweet! Any idea what lift it is? Size, brand etc?

1 - 20 of 224 Posts