Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for a cover and can only find one and its over $800. Does anybody know if extang or any others are going to be releasing a cover?

Reactions: christianpro4x

·
22 Posts
Hello

I am VP of Sales for Roll N Lock Corporation and a 2016 Titan XD owner. I know you said that you were looking for a less expensive (than $800) tonneau solution - and I am sure one of the many fine tonneau cover companies out there will introduce applications for the XD very soon. However, there might be some forum members reading this post that are looking for a retractable solution.

Since I drive a new Titan, I pushed the development process through our R&D section pretty rapidly and we are just now releasing the M-Series, vinyl-over-aluminum retractable cover to the market. It is application number LG881M and can also be purchased with the companion Cargo Manager sliding cargo divider (CM881.) It will soon be available in our all-aluminum A-Series too (BT881A.)

I have attached some pictures of the cover on my Titan and I think it looks great. BTW, this cover installs on the Titan XD without drilling ANY holes. Let me know if you have any questions.

ERIC KRAFT

Attachments

·
43 Posts
Hello

I am VP of Sales for Roll N Lock Corporation and a 2016 Titan XD owner. I know you said that you were looking for a less expensive (than $800) tonneau solution - and I am sure one of the many fine tonneau cover companies out there will introduce applications for the XD very soon. However, there might be some forum members reading this post that are looking for a retractable solution.

Since I drive a new Titan, I pushed the development process through our R&D section pretty rapidly and we are just now releasing the M-Series, vinyl-over-aluminum retractable cover to the market. It is application number LG881M and can also be purchased with the companion Cargo Manager sliding cargo divider (CM881.) It will soon be available in our all-aluminum A-Series too (BT881A.)

I have attached some pictures of the cover on my Titan and I think it looks great. BTW, this cover installs on the Titan XD without drilling ANY holes. Let me know if you have any questions.

ERIC KRAFT

Beautiful truck. Like you I have the Platinum Reserve. Does your bed cover work with the titan boxes? Does it roll up enough to still be able to access them?

·
22 Posts
Hi Davidster2002,

I forgot to mention that the Titan boxes must come out to install and use the tonneau. Same is true of the upper Utilitraks. They interfere with the installation. I have had several Titans in the past and never really used the upper Utilitraks anyway - so didn't mind the trade. BTW, when you remove the Titan Boxes, your nice, bright, beautiful LED bed lights actually work to light up the bed (rather than the inside of the Titan Boxes!)

ERIC

·
22 Posts
Agreed. But the utilitraks in the floor of the bed still function perfectly well - and they're the only ones I have ever used anyway. If you love the Titan boxes, then you will not be able to install any retractable cover. I guess everyone will have to make up their own minds on whether the trade-off is worth it. Me? Besides having the obvious bias towards retractable tonneaus, the lock mechanism didn't latch on my right-side Titan box - and I really thought they looked and felt, well, chintzy. I really liked the little driver-side storage box behind the rear wheel of my old Titan much better. Kept dirty stuff, like trailer hitches, the track cleats, tie downs, etc. in there with no trade-off in space utilization. I really wish they had not done away with this handy storage area.

·
857 Posts
It's quite possible they include that box in the future, just depends on how important it is to them. Fortunately Nissan seems open to change that matters, Only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Up here in the snow belt that old generation driver bed side storage box was very prone to rust.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello

ERIC KRAFT
That is a very nice cover. I will be definitely checking that out. Where it retracts to the front of the bed does that lift up? Just curious if that takes away from pulling a atv for a example up to the front of the bed. Thx for sharing

Reactions: slurpee3

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Up here in the snow belt that old generation driver bed side storage box was very prone to rust.
I agree. Everything I kept in there rusted or got covered in mold

·
22 Posts
The housing at the front has the retracting spring reel assembly and holds the rolled up cover. So, it stays where it is. That being said, our cover has, by far, the smallest housing of any retracting cover on the market - 7.5" deep by 9" wide. Compare that to our major competitor at 11.5" by 14". Also unlike our competitor, our housing is very strong and all-aluminum. It also has a "cargo bumper" rubber mounted to the housing itself. I race motocross and often load my motocross bikes into my truck. I just tie them down with a cleat in the floor tracks and also the front corner tie points with the wheels up against the cargo bumper. The bit of "springiness" in the rubber mounts keeps the wheels from denting anything. Works great for me. Same thing with an ATV except you probably don't have to tie it as tightly against the cargo bumper (since it won't fall down if the wheel turns!)

·
22 Posts
Interesting about the side box causing rust and mold in northern climes. It worked great for me down here in sunny South Florida!

·
50 Posts
FYI, my dad has an 07 Titan, I've never heard him complain about the side box. He likes it too. If he didn't like it (rust/mold), he would've said something. Southern Alberta here.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Maybe they don't use the same winter salt mix as they do here in ontario. But most older titans look mint until you get to the lower box side door. I have even seen a few taken off and guys put an alum. checker plate in place.

·
22 Posts
We intend to start production of the Titan XD application (LG881M) within the next week. Most quality truck accessory stores can order and install a Roll N Lock for you.

ERIC

·
1 Posts
Where to get info?

Hello

ERIC KRAFT
Eric, nice product. Any info on pricing? Does the cover lock? I have the Utility track, any idea if future R&D will make one that attaches to the track instead of removing it?

·
22 Posts
Hi JoeC. The Titan XD version Roll N Lock retractable M-Series bed cover is now available. It is application number LG881M. The companion Cargo Manager (sliding bed divider - HIGHLY recommended) is CM881. Retail price on the M-Series cover is $1,280. Cargo Manager is $284. Installation costs will vary depending on where you purchase the unit. For the most trouble-free fit, I recommend going to the Roll N Lock website and choosing an independent truck accessory jobber near you. You can also order the cover online and install it yourself if you are fairly adept with tools.

Note that this cover only fits 2016-2017 Nissan Titan XD with 6 1/2' bed. There are no holes drilled during installation. If you do not have remote tailgate lock on your truck, you will have to lock both your tailgate and the Roll N Lock tonneau in order to make your bed secure. You must still remove the Utility tracks from around the top of the bed in order for the Roll N Lock to mount properly. The tracks in the bottom of the bed do not affect installation and can be left in place. There are currently no plans to change this mounting system.

Application for the new 2017 1/2-ton Titan (LG880M) with 5 1/2' bed will be available very shortly (I have the prototype on my new extra short bed Titan!)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Eric

·
197 Posts
Put a bakflip fibremax on mine price was good i thought $1200 Canadian not sure what they are worth in the US. But still have to take the track system out to install. Not a big deal just use the set in the ones in the bottom of the bed, like mentioned above. Plus you don't loose any box space like you do with the roll n lock style covers which i looked at, which makes a difference if your loading dirt bikes/ATV etc.. in the bed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts