Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been put off with initial pricing. I finally had a chance to go drive the sv premium that was ordered in for me.
I was very impressed with quality and feel. Definitely a step up from my 2012 titan. And it makes my current 2015 f150 feel like a tin can, literally. Cab is a bit bigger then old generation titan but I wouldn't say much bigger. Rear seat area is bigger though, but no where the room of my f150 supercrew.
Seats have to be the best in the industry. Infotainment screen is basic as stated by others.
Getting down to business got to take for about a 40km round trip myself. It had around 500 km on it. I reset the trip. It was a mix of town and larger roads I could cruise at 100km/hr for a distance.
Road great, interior was quiet. You knew it was a diesel but not obnoxious. Power off the line was a little weak but came on quick after that. It handles it's weight fine.
After 40km mixed driving in -5 Celsius temperature I pulled into the dealership with an average of 13.4 L/100km. Better then expected.
We are still in the number discussion. I left them with my offer and was on my way.
I just can't see myself paying much more then a more capable similar equipped f250 diesel.
But it is a nice truck and it's capabilities are perfect for what I need.
Of note I did get a full brochure and looks like the gas V8 xd will have around 2500lb payload capacity.
One other thing I brought being in Canada we usually get ripped off with some warranty alot of the time. Originally it was looking powertrain warranty was going to be 100000 km looks like it has been corrected to 160000km.

·
124 Posts
Interesting comparison to your F-150. Sometimes numbers don't always tell everything. The weight of the XD should definitely provide more confidence when pulling a trailer down the road. If Nissan can convince more folks to take a test drive, and the dealers are ready to deal, they could really have a big win on their hands. What is your impression of the overall quality compared to your F-150?

·
573 Posts
Of note I did get a full brochure and looks like the gas V8 xd will have around 2500lb payload capacity.
Thanks for the ride review. Can you post some pics of the brocure? Its good to hear that the gas XD may in fact get the same GVWR.

·
40 Posts
Thanks for the ride review. Can you post some pics of the brocure? Its good to hear that the gas XD may in fact get the same GVWR.
I'm glad to hear this as well. Looking for at least 2k payload and a $4 to $5k savings over the diesel. Was the dealer able to provide any new details when the gas would be available?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2015 f150 with under 30,000km squeaks and rattles like a 20 yr old truck.
Getting back into my f150 after the new titan felt cheap and my truck is only 8 mths old. Keep in mind mine is an xlt sport crew but as optioned can be be, so not a lariat but that's why I'm also after an sv titan that's all I need.
I gave up my 2012 titan for the F150 basically because of fuel economy. It was cheaper to get a new truck then put the fuel in the titan. The 2.7L in my ford is hands down the best engine I have had to date. That's comparing it to modern hemi, titan 5.6 and ford 5L.
But the rest of the truck isn't too desired.
I welcome the weight of the new xd. Power wise and efficiency wise the 2.7L has been the best towing my just over 7000lb travel trailer. But the weight reduction has hurt stability when towing when comparing to ram hemi and old titan.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We didn't talk about the gas xd. In Canada I figure it will be at least $10,000 cheaper because the lack of the aisin as well.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with the comment nissan should get more people into drive them.
As I have had a huge issue wrapping my head on why should I pay more then an F250 for a less capable truck. I was willing to pay on par for the titan as compared to the F250 as I know nissan quality. But after the drive I'm willing to pay a bit more of a premium for the premium feel of the xd. And really glad the corrected the powertrain warranty length in Canada.

·
40 Posts
nihilus, I found the brochure online:
http://www.driveandersonnissan.com/vehicle-brochures/
Last page it indicates Maximum Payload of 2,500 lbs with the following keynote:

18 Maximum payload capacity when properly equipped. Based on internal testing of pre-production vehicle. Final capacity may vary. Endurance® V8 gas engine only. Payload capacity varies by configuration. See Nissan Towing Guide and Owner’s Manual for proper use.

I suspect the 4x4 will lose at least 250 lbs of payload.

·
119 Posts
As far as brochures, if you download the Nissan interactive app, the XD brochure in it is amazing...got it for iPad

·
917 Posts
One other thing I brought being in Canada we usually get ripped off with some warranty alot of the time. Originally it was looking powertrain warranty was going to be 100000 km looks like it has been corrected to 160000km.

Did the dealer tell you this? The brochure I have has it listed at 100000 km's.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dealer assured me yes it has 160,000km warranty on par with other big diesels.

·
917 Posts
I will talk to my sales manager today to verify that. There is nothing in the 2016 warranty booklet to verify that yet but they possibly haven't updated it. I would think Nissan would be promoting that like they did when they applied it to the NV's.

·
917 Posts
Just spoke to the sales manager and as of now we have not received anything from Nissan to say that the warranty is 160,000 km's. He thinks it will be extended at some time but that is just his opinion. You might want to ask your dealer to show you that somewhere in writing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts