Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just ask them for it. I've got a 0, 60,90 120 and 150 emissions friendly, and the same files but delete capable

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
She is running good at the moment very pleased with the power and economy is better.
I'm going to be hooking up to the 5th wheel in a couple hours for a short local camping trip over the weekend. I'll keep you posted on how she pulls and if there is anything out of place, engine lights ect when in tow!
I am very, very interested for some specific data on the economy side - hand-calculated, if possible. I have a 25,000+ mile trip (in a 3 month span) likely coming up very soon... I do not care about the power, I am consumed with the issue of maximizing MPG.

Please do post as much detail as possible, with and without towing!

·
1,331 Posts
Doesn't all this void the warranty? I have a 2017 XD Platinum Reserve Diesel.
It can void certain parts of a warranty but no it will not void 100% of it.
Sorry, will void all power train warranty. I talked with 2 different service managers and they told me if a truck come in deleted with issues, then they will send it out the door.
Easy opening to a lawsuit for those dealers, they also have to prove that what you did caused the damage.

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well the truck pulled great...... I got an Oragne CEL right away a P225D or something i cant remember, I sent the code in to the guys and they said they are going to look into it and see wtf is going on.

I cleared the code and I haven't seen it since, there was no derate at all or anything. Anyways back to the main story.

The truck pulls wonderfully now just with that simple tune. It picks up speed quick when getting on to the freeways, and pulling the hill out of the camp ground, turn left onto the road and than right up the 8% grade was a breeze, it pulled hard and had plenty of power. In stock form last year that same pull was noticeably harder on the truck, this year it was nothing at all. On the highways there was no down shifting for any smaller hills, last year it shifted once but this time the boost came on and did the work and the truck held 6th gear with no problem.

Fuel mileage from watching the dial and the lie-o-meter was better that stock, I don't have any real hand calculated numbers. But I believe the better fuel economy is coming from the trucks ability to get up to speed quicker and not having to be on the right foot as long. Yea i'm sure its a bit better than stock the truck is not down shifting nearly as much as it did before and that is what is helping the fuel economy with slight gains that i'm seeing. The engine is letting the turbo boost up quicker and a bit more fuel but its not dropping gears and reving up

I'm impressed for an emission tune it was a night and day experience towing our 5th wheel.

·
1,331 Posts
Well the truck pulled great...... I got an Oragne CEL right away a P225D or something i cant remember, I sent the code in to the guys and they said they are going to look into it and see wtf is going on.

I cleared the code and I haven't seen it since, there was no derate at all or anything. Anyways back to the main story.

The truck pulls wonderfully now just with that simple tune. It picks up speed quick when getting on to the freeways, and pulling the hill out of the camp ground, turn left onto the road and than right up the 8% grade was a breeze, it pulled hard and had plenty of power. In stock form last year that same pull was noticeably harder on the truck, this year it was nothing at all. On the highways there was no down shifting for any smaller hills, last year it shifted once but this time the boost came on and did the work and the truck held 6th gear with no problem.

Fuel mileage from watching the dial and the lie-o-meter was better that stock, I don't have any real hand calculated numbers. But I believe the better fuel economy is coming from the trucks ability to get up to speed quicker and not having to be on the right foot as long. Yea i'm sure its a bit better than stock the truck is not down shifting nearly as much as it did before and that is what is helping the fuel economy with slight gains that i'm seeing. The engine is letting the turbo boost up quicker and a bit more fuel but its not dropping gears and reving up

I'm impressed for an emission tune it was a night and day experience towing our 5th wheel.
I got the same code twice with PPEI, I just cleared it and it hasn’t come back. It’s a nox sensor code.

Do you have an app like OBD Fusion to keep tabs on different things? Something I noticed is my EGR is not registering high temps, acts like it isn’t working which is weird with an emissions tune.

After 400 miles I’m still only showing 60% soot level and a Regen usually doesn’t kick in until it’s at 98% or so. I’ve put 400 miles on since I got a low def message, still nothing, OBD Fusion app says I have 19% in the tank still.

I’ll be fully deleting in the next few days. But I’m glad I have an emissions tune if needed.

·
292 Posts
19.9 mpg in PA on a trip through hills. I will take my chances....oh..no codes and no limp mode....winning!

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Sorry, will void all power train warranty. I talked with 2 different service managers and they told me if a truck come in deleted with issues, then they will send it out the door.
Easy opening to a lawsuit for those dealers, they also have to prove that what you did caused the damage.
You won't win the lawsuit. When you tune..no matter how "emissions friendly" it is, you just altered EPA and OEM agreed upon and tested ECM settings. If you delete, and then sue, you are committing financial suicide. So no, they don't have to prove anything...you just put a "digital signature" in the ECM that you voluntarily violated emissions standards....might want to rethink future suits....and no, there are no tunes that are "undetectable" as advertised.

·
1,344 Posts
You won't win the lawsuit. When you tune..no matter how "emissions friendly" it is, you just altered EPA and OEM agreed upon and tested ECM settings. If you delete, and then sue, you are committing financial suicide. So no, they don't have to prove anything...you just put a "digital signature" in the ECM that you voluntarily violated emissions standards....might want to rethink future suits....and no, there are no tunes that are "undetectable" as advertised.
My dealer’s diesel tech has an XD and has no problem with working on a tuned and deleted truck...especially since he deleted and tuned his.

·
424 Posts
I could only be so lucky! I tried working the service manager at my dealer and he didn't seem like he was into it.

·
Banned
136 Posts
You mentioned Easy to drain the DEF tank. Can you give me a quick how to please? I looked quick and did not see a drain plug which I strongly believe is just another fault in this stupid emission system.. (my SCR just failed at 23,000 miles.) as soon as I find parts I am deleting... my wife wants me to buy a new truck instead.. I have the 2016 Titan 5.0 PR now with 23,000 miles.. So I hesitate to jump but all the posts here have convinced me to pull out the bad and go with the good..

·
Banned
136 Posts
I was warned I will have not warranty on truck unless I let the dealer try to fix the emission problem.. no deletes allowed. Emission system not covered by warranty in a no testing State either.. its hidden in the book.. and Nissan put the emission system under Basic warranty so it only lasts 3 years 36000 miles.

·
Banned
136 Posts
I would like to only install stainless pipes would like 304, and a good tune and tuner. Probably go with the EZ Lync. But the more I think about it the more likely I am to trade the truck at a big loss and buy another truck. Delete the Titan and keep it. I had too many issues with it at way too low of milage, I think I was dropping it off in the service department every month for the first two years. Then I hardly ever drove it the next two years. Then when I did start the check engine light came on AZ code said there was a Nox Sensor... estimate parts cost $500 but they don't carry them. Took it to dealer $165 for reading the code and diagnosing issue.. they said it is probably the SCR, $4000 if it is just the SCR.. everything else was fine, pump dosing valve and fluid test.. So tech line indicates it is SCR.. Probably time for a gas Ram.. which is what I was shopping for when I stopped at the Nissan dealer and liked the interior of the Titan.. and it had a Cummins engine.. I had no idea of the DEF or the cheap emission system everyone want to get rid of as soon as possible..

·
447 Posts
So tech line indicates it is SCR..
I thought your SCR was covered under emissions, but...if you want to get it going to sell it, PM member Spaceace77. He has an almost brand new SCR (with sensors I think?) reasonable priced. If you get stiffed by NIssan, these things are easy to bolt on.

See his post in this thread:

·
Banned
136 Posts
I thought your SCR was covered under emissions, but...if you want to get it going to sell it, PM member Spaceace77. He has an almost brand new SCR (with sensors I think?) reasonable priced. If you get stiffed by NIssan, these things are easy to bolt on.

See his post in this thread:

View attachment 45884
Thanks emissions not covered under warranty if you live in a No Emissions testing state for diesels. Page 9 of warranty book last sentence of Emissions Performance Warranty. Mine is almost new only 23,000 miles on it.. I was considering it buying a slightly used one... but I am way too skeptical for that. Someone may have had or my thinking it probably did have same issue as I do..

21 - 40 of 48 Posts