Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Well I took the Ez Lynk out of my Ram 5500 and it fell right into the OBDII port on the Nissan... Strangest thing is that it had a Pile of tunes on it so I just had to see what all the fuss was about...:devil:

The truck is not deleted quite yet. As of right now I'm running the "Proven Diesel tunes" and it is flashed with their Emission Friendly 60HP Tune. I've gotta say within the first 10 mins of driving the truck around, like everyone else has stated it drives and responds completely different, it actually moves when the right foot is put down.

The shifts are very, very good now and the small bump in power is nice when merging onto the highway. I put my foot down the truck will down shift immediately and take off.

The best part for me is the stupid surge when coming to a stop is gone, the truck rolls in and stop at 650RPM and it stays there, it does not flair up and try to lung forward or anything (Why cant Nissan figure this out is beyond me) AND The Torque Management is completely altered now so the truck feels way safer to drive :nerd2:. If I need to get the truck moving quickly out of a situation it just goes now, its not second guessing my right foot anymore. Driving around town the truck is nice and smooth not jumpy at all.

So far I could not be happier with the tune I'm running from Proven Diesel.. I was going to go with PPEI but these guys are about 100 bucks cheaper.

Hey NISSAN!! This is how your truck should be driving from the factory, you D*ck Heads...

Ive never heard of proven diesel. So the 60hp tune can run with emissions? Im gonna check it out. These trucks are dead blocks in 1st and 2nd gear its crazy.

I figured being a 5.9 guy having a lighter 5.0 cummins... things would be legit... ahhhh nope lol 馃槅

Ive never heard of proven diesel. So the 60hp tune can run with emissions? Im gonna check it out. These trucks are dead blocks in 1st and 2nd gear its crazy.

I figured being a 5.9 guy having a lighter 5.0 cummins... things would be legit... ahhhh nope lol 馃槅
Engine is lighter, but the truck is just as heavy. Kinda weird you say that, my truck in stock form ran great. After deleting it runs even better.

This truck hauls once all the torque management is disabled.

Manufacturers have to dial those limiters up from the factory or else you wouldn鈥檛 be able to keep it on the road. Like my wife couldn鈥檛 keep this truck under control in the rain with all the torque. Plus it conserves fuel if they trim it all bsck

Even in my 鈥榮tock鈥 0HP tune, the truck rips. Just shows you all the limiting electronic factors.

5.9s are hella slow- I still have one as a shop truck. Probably one the slowest, but most reliable trucks I鈥檝e ever had.

This truck hauls once all the torque management is disabled.

Manufacturers have to dial those limiters up from the factory or else you wouldn鈥檛 be able to keep it on the road. Like my wife couldn鈥檛 keep this truck under control in the rain with all the torque. Plus it conserves fuel if they trim it all bsck

Even in my 鈥榮tock鈥 0HP tune, the truck rips. Just shows you all the limiting electronic factors.

5.9s are hella slow- I still have one as a shop truck. Probably one the slowest, but most reliable trucks I鈥檝e ever had.

Idk the 5.9 HO i had with the smarty SR was a nice thing. Now the 2011 6.7 with EFI was a damn rocket, no comparison... up untill the number 6 cyc fuel washed!

Thanks for the reply. These 5.0s stock (at least mine) is crazy slow. So hopefully i can get a tunner to open it up so i can at least pass someone lmao

Idk the 5.9 HO i had with the smarty SR was a nice thing. Now the 2011 6.7 with EFI was a damn rocket, no comparison... up untill the number 6 cyc fuel washed!

Thanks for the reply. These 5.0s stock (at least mine) is crazy slow. So hopefully i can get a tunner to open it up so i can at least pass someone lmao
Well yeah it鈥檚 going to be faster. 馃槀 you had tuners on both those trucks. In stock form, both of those trucks are pretty slow.

Well as of right now the emission friendly tunes is a much needed improvement IMO. Guys that think there truck is good the way it is totally stock are completely closed minded lol they need to drive it with a small emissions tune.

Honestly I'm really impressed it's just the start too as when deleted I'm sure it will open up a lot more still.

As for swapping the dpf in and out normally they are not that tough to do. 3 or 4 bolts on the flange, a clamp or two and hangers.
Just a PITA more than anything to swap back and fourth.

Honestly give the emission tune a whirl first see how you get on with it and go from there. If you want more take the DPF out and put on a 90HP or 120HP tune
Are you still running the proven diesel emissions tune? Also is it still working great for you or did you do a full delete? Looking to go the proven route myself.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts