Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a toolbox that fits in the bed yet? Titan boxes take up too much room on the side. So those are out of the question.

·
72 Posts
Anybody measured the new and old beds yet to see the difference in rail sizes?
Will the 'old' bed boxes fit or new bed larger? They have a sliding box that mounts in the rails on the accessories site for the XD. I'd like one that can slide to the rear and opens on its face rather than top so wife can put **** in it without climbing up.

·
167 Posts
Anybody measured the new and old beds yet to see the difference in rail sizes?
Will the 'old' bed boxes fit or new bed larger? They have a sliding box that mounts in the rails on the accessories site for the XD. I'd like one that can slide to the rear and opens on its face rather than top so wife can put **** in it without climbing up.
Yes, they are the same. I bolted my custom headache rack from my previous gen titan right into the same utility track with the same slides I had pulled from my previous truck. same tracks, same width, within 1/2" same height from top of bed rail.

·
772 Posts
get a weather guard toolbox, i got the one where you still have about a foot of space on either side for sliding in lumber and whatnot, drill 4 holes in the bottom of it, and make brackets for it to mount to the utilitracks. I kind of hate the boxes that sit on top of the bedsides.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went ahead and ordered the Delta Aluminum Single Lid Crossover Toolbox. Looks pretty good. I got the black aluminum. Should be here mid March. I'll post some pictures when it's installed.

·
3 Posts
you could always just put one of the titan boxes in if you want, they are only held in by 4 bolts, and they are actually water tight tested.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the measurements of each of the beds? Why would my Nissan dealer not offer me this? I was wanting to buy one from there. But they told me they didn't know if the sliding toolbox would be offered for the XD.

·
229 Posts
I added the black sliding rear toolbox off Nissan's accessory site yesterday. It looks really good, but I had to shim out the rollers of the box due to being too snug in my tracks to roll smoothly without binding up. Was a simple mod, and it's a great convenience to be able to move the box front/rear as needed.

·
8 Posts
I negotiated one of those cool sliding tool boxes from Nissan in my purchase and my dealer was hop skippy in getting the box to the dealership; only took a couple days after I took delivery of the truck. I stopped by the dealership to pick it up, but, the service manager was insistent on getting a couple of guys to help me install it right then and there. We experienced the exact trouble with the rollers as you except that there was enough play in the roller bolts to back them out and give the box enough slack to slide easily.

Once we made those adjustments, it became clear that the front brackets were not going to line up with the locking device inside the box. The parts manager went back to the cardboard box and figured out that that box was for a 2015. I told them I wanted to keep the box since the side brackets can be tightened not allowing the box to slide, but they wouldn't let me have it. So, the parts manager checked with Nissan and they say they have no timeline to produce the proper brackets for the box. That was three or four weeks ago; I checked with them yesterday and still no word on when that may be available. DAMMIT!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts