Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
214 Posts
The curve is way too flat between 1850-2900 rpm to not be voluntarily computer limited.

I see engine torque rise up to 575 ft.lbs in future model years.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Would tuners lower the rev range even more?
Yes, but they'll probably like the chain driven DOHC arrangement even more. I would expect to see 5000rpm tunes pretty quick after release.

I would say the guess of 575 ft.lbs in the future is pretty accurate, I'd guess they'll peak the ISV out at 375hp, 600ft.lbs... if there is ever a hp race in its segment.

·
363 Posts
Yea, those charts are probably man-made from theoretical #'s.

I've heard some express longevity concerns with Nissan's design choice of engine silencer/dampeners. I googled it but couldn't locate the discussion.

I'm sure Cummins did their homework but still wonder how durable it will be. It all comes down to the weakest component link. How many miles/hours is the engine is expected to last?

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Well Nissan has been testing the Titan XD for 600,000km of lifespan.

In regards to the engine, it's the most advanced diesel engine on the market and has been in development since 1998. Cummins has earned their reputation. So you need better evidence than hearsay to be concerned about the ISVs lifespan.

·
857 Posts

In regards to the engine, it's the most advanced diesel engine on the market and has been in development since 1998. Cummins has earned their reputation. So you need better evidence than hearsay to be concerned about the ISVs lifespan.
I think that's just about right for most car makers, i've even heard of car makers testing vehicles up to 1 million miles but it was with multiple vehicles.

·
363 Posts

I thought I was clear the info I shared was anecdotal. No need to go off the deep end for effect.

·
235 Posts
Hard to say either way on how long the engine will last.
600,000km is ample testing distance for the Titan XD because most people drive around 20,000km per year. This is just the average number provided by the National Joint Council of the Public Service of Canada but with that as a basis the Titan XD should last you for years to come. This doesn't factor in the amount you tow and the strain you put on the truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts