Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello World,

Hope everyone is doing good. Does anyone know where I might acquire the clear plastic insert or assembly for the driver side tow mirror on my 2018 Titan XD SV 5.6L Gas?

·
218 Posts
It is my understanding that the lens is not available separately.

When I bought my '18 XD as a CPO, it was cracked, same as yours, but not quite as bad - no chunks missing and just one very small scratch on the black mirror housing itself. I pointed it out, dealer said they'd take care of it no problem. So, I bought the truck and the manager put it down on the "WE OWE" paperwork. The scratch actually buffed out and they said they'd replace the lens when I came in for my first scheduled service.

Well, actually getting it done was quite a fiasco. It seemed everyone developed amnesia when I brought the truck back in to get this fixed. I had to become irate, show the photo which I took of the truck the night I bought it showing the damage and point out that it was on the paperwork. It took quite some delay, but I got a whole new mirror eventually. While this was unfolding, I got increasingly fed up and tried to find the lens separately. My thought process was that if I could get it, I'd make them reimburse me for it. I had no luck doing so. I could not find a part number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts