Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
2017 Titan XD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Titan XD didn't come with tow mirrors unfortunately, so I bought a set from Nissan that came from a 2020. Everything is the same layout wise and Nissan themselves were pretty sure it would be just plug and play. After taking the door trim off we've come to find out the mirror harness that should be there, isn't. I called Nissan and we're trying to figure out a solution by potentially wiring something in. I'm keeping the mirrors on but don't have any functions (turn signal, puddle lights, etc) at the moment. So for anyone out there that has a standard Titan and wants the bigger mirrors placed on, I'll post here to keep you updated on what I find out.

·
366 Posts
It'll be interesting to know how it turns out. I bought some from another forum member and mounted them on my truck, but just assumed I'd never get any power function from them on an S model. Even if you have to roll manually, they're a HUGE difference from the stock mirrors - they virtually eliminate blind spots during everyday driving, which is huge for me.

·
2017 Titan XD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I’m a little disappointed to be honest, I’d assumed all the trucks would be the same as far as the wiring goes. Hell even the Nissan techs I talked too thought the same. Despite all of that I really needed them as those standards mirrors are horrible for sight

·
2017 Titan XD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure the wiring harness isn't tucked inside the door? A friend found that on an old Nissan pickup he owned so figured I'd mention it.
Yeah I looked pretty deep into the door and peeled back the plastic covering, couldn't find anything.

·
2017 Titan XD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some type of wiring in order to get the lights and some functions to work correctly. I've been in contact with Nissan and Z1 and so far no results in locating a harness. So as I feared, it's appearing to be the S trim Titans are not plug and play for the tow mirrors. I will post here again with a final update if I'm able to get it wired up myself and show the results.

·
366 Posts
Hey, James - I bought some off another user here on the Forum. I believe any mirror from a '16-'19 should install just fine, I'm not sure if they've changed it up for the '20 trucks. I believe your dealer is telling you they won't work because of the lack of power controls, but installation is relatively simple. I'd recommend checking EBay for mirrors off wrecked trucks, they're bound to be cheaper than what a dealer would charge.

·
2017 Titan XD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please share the Mirrors the numbers on the mirrors and where purchased?
The Sec at my Nissan Dealer says their isn't any mirros to fit S
I bought mine from my local Nissan dealer here in Florida. Any year will fit, as mine come from a 2020 Titan XD.

·
402 Posts
Just a tip, order replacements for those black stick-on covers that go over the mirror attachment area on the inside of the doors.

They are marked as non-reusable but, my dealer reused it when they replaced one of my mirrors.

It kept starting to peel off each time I opened my door. I ordered one online for like 11 bucks instead of raising hell with the dealer. My time is worth more than what it cost me to replace it myself.

·
366 Posts
Just a tip, order replacements for those black stick-on covers that go over the mirror attachment area on the inside of the doors.

They are marked as non-reusable but, my dealer reused it when they replaced one of my mirrors.

It kept starting to peel off each time I opened my door. I ordered one online for like 11 bucks instead of raising hell with the dealer. My time is worth more than what it cost me to replace it myself.
That's a great idea, and it never crossed my mind - it's well worth it given that price. I wound up sticking a bunch of silicone on it, clamping it down, and wiping off the excess. It works, but letting it set was the most time-consuming part of the installation process.

·
2017 Titan XD
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was able to pick up an XD S diesel a few weeks ago. I’m looking at getting tow mirrors and wondering what option is best moving forward. Wonder if a 19 s model has the wiring harness?
Honestly not sure, would be great to know if that's the case though. I'm getting a new radio and speaker setup soon so I'm gonna have my guy wire in the mirrors at the same time.

·
5 Posts
My 2017 Titan XD didn't come with tow mirrors unfortunately, so I bought a set from Nissan that came from a 2020. Everything is the same layout wise and Nissan themselves were pretty sure it would be just plug and play. After taking the door trim off we've come to find out the mirror harness that should be there, isn't. I called Nissan and we're trying to figure out a solution by potentially wiring something in. I'm keeping the mirrors on but don't have any functions (turn signal, puddle lights, etc) at the moment. So for anyone out there that has a standard Titan and wants the bigger mirrors placed on, I'll post here to keep you updated on what I find out.
Any Updates??

·
26 Posts
* I think I found the harness * I am in the same boat as many of you, I recently purchased a 17 Titan XD Cummings S, and I can't stand the small mirrors or the fact that they are not two mirrors. Yesterday I took the door trim off and noticed that there is no harness behind the door, however, when I removed much of the dash to install an aftermarket radio, I believe I found the prewired harness for power mirrors behind the kick plate on the driver and passenger side. I have confirmed that its not for the tow brake and both the harnesses match on both sides of the truck. Im going to order a set of tow mirrors and see if this is the correct power source. From the pictures I seen of the connectors on most of the aftermarket mirrors, the harness I found looks like it will fit. If any of you have mirrors already see if you have this same harness and let me know if it works.

·
5 Posts
* I think I found the harness * I am in the same boat as many of you, I recently purchased a 17 Titan XD Cummings S, and I can't stand the small mirrors or the fact that they are not two mirrors. Yesterday I took the door trim off and noticed that there is no harness behind the door, however, when I removed much of the dash to install an aftermarket radio, I believe I found the prewired harness for power mirrors behind the kick plate on the driver and passenger side. I have confirmed that its not for the tow brake and both the harnesses match on both sides of the truck. Im going to order a set of tow mirrors and see if this is the correct power source. From the pictures I seen of the connectors on most of the aftermarket mirrors, the harness I found looks like it will fit. If any of you have mirrors already see if you have this same harness and let me know if it works.
If that actually works make sure you let us know!!! i will be picking up the mirrors asap! did you find all 3 plugs?? 2 for the mirrors and one for the switch????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts