Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone successfully towing a 5th wheel with Titan Boxes.

I have a 2016 Titan XD Pro 4x with Titan Boxes.
I am using an Anderson Ultimate Gooseneck to 5th wheel adaptor.
Not really looking for comments or criticisms about using the gooseneck to 5th wheel adaptor.

Just trying to understand if I HAVE to remove the Titan boxes before picking up a 5th wheel trailer this weekend.

Don’t want to remove the boxes if I don’t have to but also don’t want to have to remove them an hour away from home and have to deal with them while on this trip.

·
35 Posts
I have a Blue Ox 5th Wheel hitch and my Titan boxes do not interfere at all. Mine mounts on the gooseneck ball as well.

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So your 5th wheel pin box doesn’t hit the Titan boxes when turning?

·
35 Posts
So your 5th wheel pin box doesn’t hit the Titan boxes when turning?
Not at all. I just had mine at about a 60-70 degree angle while backing it in, too. Is yours a slider and is it in the ”back” position when making hard turns?
I ran across a guy that had this problem with the new Dodge boxes. he had to buy a whole new bed!

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is an Anderson ultimate. So the hitch is mounted farthest to the rear and the pin adapter will be mounted to the rear moving everything as far back as allowed.

·
35 Posts
On their site, I don’t see a conventional 5th wheel hitch...they are goosenecks. So you put an adapter on your trailer to fit the gooseneck?

My Blue Ox has two settings...forward for towing and it pivots aft and maybe sits a little higher for maneuvering.
1596071419209.jpeg

·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct. There is a small adaptor that mounts to the trailer. It’s just a small block that connects to the trailer pin and then lowers onto the Anderson. It has a forward location and rear location to move the trailer back. Once upon attach it you don’t move it. It’s firmly affixed to the pin.

·
35 Posts
Just my guess, your gooseneck is just too low. My setup is designed for a 5th wheel, so it probably sits a little higher.

·
2 Posts
I have the Blue Ox as well. Only towed with it once and looking to sell it. Not because i don’t like it. Just not going to be using it anymore. That’s the one to go with if your towing a 5th wheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts