Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to pull my fifth wheel for the first time. Figured I would post my mileage here for the load. 16 prowler P295 fifth wheel weighing 8800 dry. Camper was loaded and I didn’t weigh it. If I had to guess somewhere around 9200 to 9300 lbs.

I pulled it out of storage and up to truck stop to wash about a 40 mile haul one way and back to storage. Went down 2 highways and 2 interstates so wasn’t a steady cruise which hurts the mpg having to accelerate up to speed multiple times.

Any way made this trip twice this weekend for a total of about 160 miles. I ran 75 to 70 and got 10.6 as a average which I found to really good. My f150 pulling my TT I had prior to the fifth wheel would do about 6 to 7 at 60.

·
296 Posts
I got a 2018 sv cummins, I towed my travel trailer 6.5K lbs from atlanta to texas and back over 2000 miles, got 9.6MPG. I then went to daytona bikeweek 7.2Klbs (with bike inside trailer). Still got 9.6mpg. With different terrain and load, I would assume mpg would change, its weird I got the same result. Truck now has 4.8K miles.

·
61 Posts
I pulled a trailer today I set the cruise on 75 pulled little over 150 miles......truck hand calculated got 14.1 I had a 25 mph head wind and after turning on a different highway I then had a 25 mph crosswind.

Attached is the scale ticket showing empty weight of truck and trailer......and loaded weight of truck and trailer.

Attachments

·
5 Posts
I towed a Rockwood Ultralite 26 foot trailer 6779 lbs. dry weight, so probably around 8,000 lbs loaded from Montgomery Al to Grass Valley, CA. Got around 9.4 mpg going 65 with no winds. Got 8 mpg going 65 with a head wind. Best was in California (land of high taxes and stupid government) at 10.3 going 63 mph. Truck had about 5K miles when leaving Alabama. I'm hoping it gets better as the big three get better mpg with bigger engines with more hp and torque.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts