Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Towing TT on I40

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Fordt 
#1 ·
Towing 10,000 TT on 4,000 mile trip. Titan is surprisingly quiet with very comfortable and controlled ride. Crossing OK and NM, driving into a strong head wind and maintaining 70 mph, averaged 7 mpg. From Gallup to Sedona, lowered my speed to 62 at peak torque rpm of 1600 and averaged 11.5.

#4 ·
Trip is over. What a terrific 3 weeks of rving across AR, OK, NM, AZ, CA, NV and UT in the comfort and convenience of the XDD. During 4820 miles, the Titan performed flawlessly. Never saw another single, solitary XDD during the trip. The most comments and questions I received on our rare truck was while traveling thru the Navajo nation. Surprising.
Towing 10,000 lb TT at 64 mph averaged 11 mpg, very pleased. Froze out some other trucks climbing some steep mtn roads. Used 10 gals of DEF. Within 200 miles of home, odometer hit 6820, display informed me to perform oil change service at 750 miles. More than pleased in owning this truck.

#5 ·
10g of DEF? Seems excessive for only 4800 miles. It's a 4.5g tank on the truck.

I go through 2.5g in about 2500 miles so that would be approx 5g in 4800 miles. Perhaps it was the trailer you were pulling that made the difference.

#6 ·
Man, I was really hoping to hear some better towing numbers on this truck, maybe at least in the high 14's. I'm seriously looking to replace a 5.9L with this better interior/better ride truck, but 11 mpg and the amount of DEF used doesn't sound like the answer yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.