Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

2018 4x4 Texas Titan XD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wanted to use a different shop, and got the Nitto Recon Grappler ATs we wanted installed. Problem is they are not the E rated variety, and now we are stuck with them. Truck is used for towing a 34 ft trailer, about 8K lbs. Tire size is 275 60R 20, truck has a 2.5" icon suspension lift, and I use a wt Distrubution hitch as well as Timbrens at the axle. Im hoping that the 20s will have a shorter sidewall for flex, but anyone feel this is totally unsafe to tow with??

2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,295 Posts
What rating are they?

If they're not rated to carry the load you are going to haul, you're putting your family's lives at risk. There are a few things that just should not be taken for granted. Steering, Brakes, Suspension and Tires. Those four components have the most direct impact on your life expectancy in the event of an emergency.

A load heavier than the tire can withstand will cause more flex in the tire, higher temperatures in the tire and elevate the risk of a blowout.

410 Posts
Oof. A legit shop should know better. This is on them, IMO.

Reactions: Buellitt

2019 Titan XD Pro4X Cummins
71 Posts
Absolutely…..your truck requires load range “E” (10 ply tires) for a reason, and that reason is the load carrying capability of the the truck and it’s cargo, but more importantly the braking/stopping distance and handling of the truck and cargo. That “tireshop” should have known better, it is also listed on the tire door plaque sticker in the drivers door jamb. Another issues is those “P” rated tires do not meet the air pressure requirements of your trucks door plaque pressure. Tires that are “P” rated have a max pressure or either 44 psi or 51 psi, “LT” tires have a max pressure of 80 psi.

2019 Titan XD Pro4X Cummins
71 Posts
I’m selling a full set of 5 tire assemblies if your interested:

2018 4x4 Texas Titan XD
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the great advice. manager of the shop made things right and replaced them with the correct set. Very apologetic that his staff let them go out. Im still in disbelief as well, when she brought the truck home I began adjusting pressure, and found the rear at near 70, fronts 56, when I noticed the sidewall ratings. Just glad nobody was hurt, and things are now correct.

‘19 SV 4x4 5.7 “Big Bertha”
63 Posts
Thanks all for the great advice. manager of the shop made things right and replaced them with the correct set. Very apologetic that his staff let them go out. Im still in disbelief as well, when she brought the truck home I began adjusting pressure, and found the rear at near 70, fronts 56, when I noticed the sidewall ratings. Just glad nobody was hurt, and things are now correct.
While it definitely shouldn’t have happened, at least you know that particular manager will stand by their shops work and make things right. I would consider giving them a second chance and chalk it up to lesson learned about your due diligence. But if he ever leaves…….

1 - 12 of 12 Posts