Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought and xd cummins, just wondering if anyone has pulled anthing around 10,000-12,000 pounds, if so how did it do, I found many people that have pulled light loads, but nothing with some acutall weight, Thanks!!

·
124 Posts
Just bought and xd cummins, just wondering if anyone has pulled anthing around 10,000-12,000 pounds, if so how did it do, I found many people that have pulled light loads, but nothing with some acutall weight, Thanks!!
I started a thread about this same exact topic a couple of days ago, I'm looking to buy an XD and was curious if anyone had any actual experience since most reviews are all of light loads.

·
88 Posts
Curious what you will be towing? I wanted a 5th wheel toy hauler but was worried about the tongue weight and weight in general. However after pulling my bumper pull toy hauler which is probably around 8200lbs with 1400 or so on the tongue, I would have no problem putting a 2000 pound 5th wheel tongue on this bad boy. The brakes and chassis can handle it.

·
1,300 Posts
I tow this guy around in the summer its a 35' 5th wheel, Super stable!! Im sure when its loaded up its around 10K if not over.... we did a 2800 KM Road trip in the summer and it did absolutely wonderful. I was never white knuckled and my fatigue was pretty minimal as its sooo comfortable in the cab and it just held its own.

My old 2011 3500 Ram felt less stable and I was always getting tired when towing something, from lack of seat comfort to the piss poor steering setup/ front ends. That truck just seems to always be wandering around in the lane and was never able to keep it in one spot. Too much play in the cheap factory parts, made it tough to drive over a long distance.

XD is totally a nice truck to tow with.

·
115 Posts
Just so you are aware, you are likely to be over your rated payload rating of your XD unless it's a boat. The truck will tow it fine per the forum feedback. Please see be aware of what it means to be over your GVWR. I posted a few of the thinks in the other thread already mentioned.

·
25 Posts
I'm towing a 10kb load 650 miles tonight and tomorrow, I will report back.

I drove from Lansing MI alll the way to Baton Rouge this past Monday with and empty 20x8.5 Wells Cargo trailer. The weather was horrible and I had a 25mph head wind the full length of I-57. The truck would not run in 6th gear at all. Once I got south of Memphis the weather cleared up and I was able to roll at 75 up and down the hills with the truck only occasionally downshifting. It seems the wind has more of an effect than the weight.

Attachments

·
Banned
369 Posts
I tow this guy around in the summer its a 35' 5th wheel, Super stable!! Im sure when its loaded up its around 10K if not over.... we did a 2800 KM Road trip in the summer and it did absolutely wonderful. I was never white knuckled and my fatigue was pretty minimal as its sooo comfortable in the cab and it just held its own.

My old 2011 3500 Ram felt less stable and I was always getting tired when towing something, from lack of seat comfort to the piss poor steering setup/ front ends. That truck just seems to always be wandering around in the lane and was never able to keep it in one spot. Too much play in the cheap factory parts, made it tough to drive over a long distance.

XD is totally a nice truck to tow with.
How are you towing your 5th? Is it setup for a goose neck adapter hitch? I'm looking for a 5th TT and do not want the 5th truck hitch setup

·
1,300 Posts
The open range light model 5th wheels have an adjustable box. You can slide in a 5th wheel king pin or slide in a gooseneck tube.

It's awesome I saw that, and was sold as I only needed to pay 125 bucks for a gooseneck tube to go tow it.

Brilliant

·
Banned
369 Posts
The open range light model 5th wheels have an adjustable box. You can slide in a 5th wheel king pin or slide in a gooseneck tube.

It's awesome I saw that, and was sold as I only needed to pay 125 bucks for a gooseneck tube to go tow it.

Brilliant
Awesome indeed! I need to check it out.

·
701 Posts
Google it man .... Even wallyworld sells a adapter to do such a thing ... 15 minutes with a impact will get er done ... I would use new grade 8 bolts or better .. Snug with impact and torque to recommended specs .. Holes usually holes match rite up .. If not better add sum time to the project because you going to become intimet with a big arsed drill .. Xxx

·
118 Posts
I started a thread about this same exact topic a couple of days ago, I'm looking to buy an XD and was curious if anyone had any actual experience since most reviews are all of light loads.
Shoot Arcie a note, he halls a big one close to 12K.

·
62 Posts

Just under 12K loaded. Pulls it every bit as well as our neighbor's 15 Ram 2500 with the Cummins 6.7. They have the same size boat/trailer as us and we get slightly better MPG while towing (10.5 vs 10.0 avg). We had to take a 100+ mile trip to pick up their boat when their DEF pump went out. I had him drive and he couldn't believe how well it towed. He was expecting the 5.0 to be underpowered but he said it towed as well as his Ram but rode nicer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts